Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Wonder How Much They've Grown


After I get out of work tomorrow, I will be picking up Peanut & The Champ from their mother's. Mrs. Joe had taken them to the beach and has been there since the end of last week. She has had them for almost 2 weeks. I don't think I have gone this long without seeing them.

As I have said, Mrs. Joe's family has a house on Cape Cod. We used to go out there for a week or two in the summer for our vacation. Last year, I took them by myself. Mrs. Joe had been fighting with mother about our separation.

This year she decided she would go. She didn't like the idea of me being there with her family last year. Weird thing this year was the day before she was to leave, Mrs. Joe invited me out there with them.

Um, did she forget we filed for divorce a week earlier?

She went as far as assuring me I would have to drive myself out there and that I would be sleeping on the pull out couch. Thanks, nothing says relaxing like some old lumpy mattress full of beach sand. I decided against it and told her I felt it would confuse the kids.

Besides, I had plans. I was to go with GBD up to Stowe, VT for the weekend. I had never been up there before. It was beautiful. We took the back roads home and enjoyed the views. I also got a bunch of stuff done around the house during this past week. I admit I like my free time but damn how I miss those kids.

Speaking of the divorce, I haven't gotten any word from probate court regarding a meeting with the judge. Not that it matters, I've waited this long, another month or two is nothing.

This past week or so has been fun but I can't deny I am looking forward to being a dad again.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

I know you will be thrilled to have those kids back where they belong! Enjoy.

Fri Aug 21, 03:12:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Sandy said...

No doubt they missed you, too!

Sat Aug 22, 09:07:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous this new place said...

my girls are gone for ten days, I will see them a week from today. enjoying the time to get stuff done but ready for them to come home!

did you go to ben and jerry's in Stowe?

Mon Aug 24, 04:12:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Toughest part of a divorce is being relegated to being a part time dad. I like you miss my girls like crazy when they aren't here, but I learn to use the time to get things I couldn't when they are underfoot...

Sat Aug 29, 11:21:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous Scott said...

Here is another fathers experiencehttp://www.diyfather.com/content/children-after-separation-and-divorce

Mon Aug 31, 06:30:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home