Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Fun

I have not written much lately. The summer has been busy and there does not seem to be any time to post. I have also been moving along with my divorce from Mrs. Joe.

It's been two steps forward, one back, but forward nonetheless.

I had to refinance the house, hoping a reassesment of the value would allow me to pull out enough equity to buy her out. Luckily it was. I paid off the last remaining bill we had together, a home equity loan we took out to redo the kitchen.

She mentioned her frustrations since moving out, hinting at giving up everything and asking to come back. That led to more of me climbing into my own head wondering "what if" only to be let down again.

Peanut & The Champ are good. They are at the beach with their grandparents. I brought them out there last Friday. I spent the day with them before driving back home.

Here are what keeps me going through all of this.






They won't be home until Thursday. I have never went this long without them. I tell myself that they are fine and having a great time.

Just wish I could say the same about myself.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

OpenID maplekimchi said...

Thanks for sharing the better part of your life. They are beautiful. Glad to hear things are moving forward...sometimes you need a step backwards to gauge in what's up ahead.

Sun Jul 12, 10:18:00 PM 2009  
Blogger John said...

Hang in there!

Mon Jul 13, 03:43:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous PoetrysTruth said...

Awww the little ones are too cute.

Everyone stumbles a little bit. She made her choices and must live with the fallout of her decisions, just as you and the kiddos have had to do.

I'm sorry you're not having a good summer. You should try dancing around naked in the sunshine (all alone of course) it works wonders.

Mon Jul 13, 09:47:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Fortunately you have the right focus, the kids.

The thoughts about the ex will always be there. I still to this day have the same ones with my ex and we've been divorced for years. Remember, but don't dwell on it....

Mon Jul 13, 11:04:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

Cute pictures. You can't beat the beach.

Tue Jul 14, 10:59:00 PM 2009  
OpenID iamagrownup said...

Your children are beautiful. As I was crying tonight a friend told me that it does get better. He promises, as he's 5 years out of a divorce. So I trust that it does get easier, it will get better. Hang in there, Joe. We'll get through this. I promise.

Tue Jul 14, 11:17:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Debbie said...

Your children are gorgeous. I am sure they sustain you every day.

Wed Jul 15, 10:38:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

They are fine. They are having a good time. And your time will come. I feel for you on so many levels, Joe. Be well.

Thu Jul 16, 08:27:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous this new place said...

i just came off ten days without my kids. it was nice but we really missed them. and congrats on the house, that is huge, and big progress for you in moving on.

Thu Jul 16, 03:44:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous Jasmine said...

do they have that glance? garrett (my husband) just panics and freaks out and looks at the floor! lol!

Fri Jul 17, 02:39:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home