Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It Was Easter But It Felt Like Groundhog Day


Here we are Tuesday evening and Peanut & The Champ have finally crashed from their candy high.

The kids got to wake up with me on Easter morning. Thankfully, they held off until 6:00 to get me out of bed.

The Easter Bunny was nice enough to hide his eggs inside the house instead of outside. It was still a little cold up here in New England to be out hunting for them.

Along with the tradition of looking for eggs the Easter Bunny left behind, Peanut continued her tradition of having me hide the eggs so she can hunt for them again.

...and again,

...and again.

After the forth or fifth time, she decided she wanted to hide the eggs and have me look for them. The only catch with that was once she hid them, she led me by the hand to each of the hidden eggs.

The egg hunts occurred off and on for the rest of the day. We started out with two dozen eggs. After awhile we were down a half dozen. Seems she forgot where she hid them. Which amazed me seeing she hid them in the same spots each time.

I hope everybody's Easter was as good as mine. Minus the groundhog, I mean.

Besides, Caddyshack was better.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Woman in a Window said...

I don't know, Easter is a little old 'round here these days. We barely played the hiding game this year. Trust me, one day you'll miss it. No, really, you will.

Tue Apr 14, 10:49:00 PM 2009  
OpenID poetrystruth said...

That is so sweet. Awwww.

Tue Apr 14, 11:19:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

I remember those days fondly.

This year we got the teenagers goofy kid baskets just for fun. They loved them...

Wed Apr 22, 01:06:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Femin Susan said...

This is amazing!! I am so glad to found your blog! Keep up the great posts…..

Wed Apr 22, 08:59:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home