Thursday, February 05, 2009

First Step


Mrs. Joe informed me that she broke things off with her lover this past Saturday. I guess he didn’t take it too well. She seemed pretty upset about it so I assume her decision was not easy.

Come hell or high water, I have to take this really slow. I am telling myself to wait until well into spring before deciding on having her move back in.

Last night, she asked me out to dinner. We are planning to go out Saturday. She is making the plans and asking her mother to watch Peanut & The Champ.

It’s like we have to start all over again. Dating, flirting, getting to know each other. I know I have grown over the past year. How will she respond to the changes? Has she changed? I assume she has but how will I respond?

I talked with my therapist yesterday. She told me now that we are looking to reconcile we should get into marriage counseling soon. She said the simplest problems if not addressed correctly could set us back. She gave me a list of therapists she recommends. I’ll be trying to get us an appointment.

I am excited but I know I have to remain cautious. We have a huge hill to climb but parts of me want to think there is no better person to tackle it with.

Totally unrelated but this, amazingly, is my 200th post. Let's hope the next 200 are a little more positive.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Angie in Texas said...

sending LOTS of positive your way . . .

Thu Feb 05, 06:46:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Pgoodness said...

good luck! I hope it works out for the best for both of you, whatever that turns out to be!!

Thu Feb 05, 08:01:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Debbie said...

Congrats on the 200 posts. And on this step in your life. I'm wishing you all the best.

Fri Feb 06, 08:18:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Good lucky buddy. This will be a long hard climb. But as you said, you need to do this...

Fri Feb 06, 07:37:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

And yet look at that picture you choose.

I hope with work and love you can tell the lucky tales of the crush on the living room floor. I want to read it. I want you to have the chance to live it. The good guy's gotta win some time, right?

Fri Feb 06, 08:36:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous bea said...

T..H...E..R...A...P...Y, my dear. May lots of it provide insight and clarity. Good luck.

Fri Feb 06, 10:44:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you. Good luck!!!
-Michelle

Fri Feb 06, 11:43:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tread slowly.
One of the most dumb-ass of my dumb-ass friends once said one of the most profound statements I've ever heard: After a major life-slap, do not make any important decisions until all 4 seasons have passed by. No changes. Keep tomorrow the same as today.
It made sense after I thought about it.
Ame I. in TN

Sat Feb 07, 01:16:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Your picture pretty much says it all.

Here's hoping you find an updraft and take flight.

Sat Feb 07, 10:03:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous Farmer Jane said...

Being one who is currently in a similar situation with reconciliation, I agree with your therapist. Its the small things - the things you don't even think about that will trip the entire wire. Things like.. his nose hair on the sink and her leg hair in the razor.. seriously.. nerves get jangled, people get upset. Good luck!

Mon Feb 09, 11:08:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous M@ said...

It sounds like even tho it's going to be rough and possibly hurtful at times, that this is what you both want.

I wish you luck!

Tue Feb 10, 09:31:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home