Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Deciding To Rebuild


I mentioned Mrs. Joe asked me out to dinner. Well, we went out together this past Saturday night. We also decided that we would not discuss us but to just go out, have a few drinks, some dinner and catch up a little bit.

She came to my house after bringing Peanut & The Champ to her mom’s. She chose a restaurant we had been to many times together. I drove. We had a drink in the bar before we sat down to eat. There have been layoffs at both of our jobs so we talked about that for awhile. We talked about the kids. We were able to steer clear of us. We’ve decided to tackle that with a therapist present.

I think of it as having a building inspector assess the damage to the foundation.

Dinner was nice. We both enjoyed our meals. We cut the night short seeing the kids were at her mom’s. Instead of going directly back to my house, I drove us to her mom’s to help Mrs. Joe bring the kids home. After picking up the kids at her mom’s, I dropped her off at my house and we both drove to her apartment and brought the kids upstairs and put them to bed.

It was a good night. But us going out to dinner never was a bad night. The difficult times lay ahead with addressing what has happened. We have an appointment with a marriage therapist next Tuesday evening. I’m sure that’s when the hard work starts.

Can somebody loan me a hard hat?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous TwoBusy said...

You're a brave man.

Wed Feb 11, 02:19:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Angie in Texas said...

be strong - you're going to need it.

Wed Feb 11, 02:51:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous movin' down the road said...

just go into things honestly with that counselor., dont hold anything back and be honest with yourself first.

Wed Feb 11, 07:10:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

I'm wondering how the kids are handling this. Are they aware of something afoot? And are they secure? It certainly seems like you are doing everything right.

(and what you wrote at my place about the end, how you want to go, when, and why...you keep reaffirming my sweet opinions of you.)

Thu Feb 12, 09:41:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

I'm wondering how the kids are handling this. Are they aware of something afoot? And are they secure? It certainly seems like you are doing everything right.

(and what you wrote at my place about the end, how you want to go, when, and why...you keep reaffirming my sweet opinions of you.)

Thu Feb 12, 09:41:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Dude,
I'm thinking you'll need a crash helmet at the therapist. Stay strong and true to your convictions and your heart.

Fri Feb 13, 02:13:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home