Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No Pink Walls, Or Slip For That Matter

I wrote back in October that I wanted to redo my bedroom. The walls being pink weren’t a major problem when I was married but now I'm single and pink just doesn't cut it.

In November, I wrote about my overpriced pillow that I bought and the comforter that I found in the basement.

Well I can now say that my bedroom makeover is complete. I painted the room and found a print to hang over the bed among other changes.

Here it is...





The print is an architectural drawing of the Brooklyn Bridge. I make mechanical drawings for work so it is similar to what I do for a living. I ordered the print online. It arrived before Christmas but I couldn’t get it framed until after New Year’s so I had to be patient.

The paint I chose for the walls is Winter Wheat from Behr. It is a little greener than I was hoping but I think it looks pretty good with the curtains.

I found the flannel sheet set at Wal-Mart. I think it pulls the light colored wood from the bedroom set together with the chocolate color in the pillow and print frame.

The lamp with its bold red shade is from Target. Anything was better than that old one.

Eventually, I want to get a new bedroom set as well, something with a darker wood. I think the wall color will go better with a darker color anyway.

Not too bad for an amateur, I’d say.

Regarding the slip, I was lucky enough to escape a layoff at my job. Eleven people were let go last Friday. It was the first salaried layoff in the company’s history. I guess with working in the automotive industry I should expect that right now with the current economy.

Hopefully things will rebound. If not, maybe I can change my profession to interior designer…

…when pink elephants fly.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous movin' down the road said...

WELL DONE!

Tue Jan 20, 10:47:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Whit said...

Pink walls? Damn, I'm surprised it took you this long.

Wed Jan 21, 12:56:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Hey -- very happy to hear that you escaped the layoff. No pink slip, no pink walls... from a chromatic standpoint, at least, this year is starting off well for you.

Wed Jan 21, 12:25:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Nice job on the bedroom. Maybe interior design on the side. Find other single dads who need help. A little extra income.

Glad to hear your still gainfully employed...

Wed Jan 21, 02:09:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

And if pink elephants fly, you'll have to pink that room pink again.

Nice job on the room. Looks comfy.

Wed Jan 21, 05:49:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Debbie said...

Your room looks great.
I am so glad you still have the job. Let's hope the whole economy starts turning around immediately.

Wed Jan 21, 06:58:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Angie in Texas said...

wow! good job.

and congrats on avoiding the dreaded pink slip . . .

Wed Jan 21, 09:56:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home