Friday, January 30, 2009

Always Doing Things The Hard Way


Nobody said it was going to be easy, and nobody was right. - President George Bush

I realize now things were easier before.

I didn’t think so at the time.

But I do now.

It was easier trying to move on with my life, easier trying and be a single dad, easier trying to forget her. I would put my focus on the kids or the house. I even started watching early seasons of Lost to keep my mind occupied.

So much for things being easy.

Life got a little more difficult a few weeks ago. I mentioned that Mrs. Joe had asked about coming home. I also mentioned that I felt I didn’t want her to. Well, we sat down a few times this past week and she is pretty serious about us getting back together.

We talked about what caused her to do what she did. Her answers seemed pretty honest. She told me about what she needed in our marriage. I told her about what I hoped would change. We agreed that if we can continue talking without fighting and come to some agreements about the future, we should start seeing a marriage therapist.

I asked her about the other guy. She said if we agree to seriously look into getting back together she would end it with him. I figure she should have already let him go but whatever.

Her relationship with him has lasted well over a year. They work together as well, although in different locations. The idea of her being able to let him go is difficult to believe but I have to at least see where this goes.

Due to this, I ended my relationship with GBD. She is a great girl but I know even if things don’t work out with Mrs. Joe, I am not ready to commit to what she wants.

I told Mrs. Joe to tie up her loose ends and we will go on from there. I’m not sure where that is but I know at least I will have taken the chance.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Angie in Texas said...

i wish you the best of luck in finding the right path for you. be strong like you have been, believe that there is purpose to all of this and the universe will make itself clear.

*hugs*

Sat Jan 31, 12:43:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

I ache for you. I hope for you. And do you see, you have already ended things. If Mrs. Joe is worth her weight she'll do that today, not tomorrow.

you're good, Joe. Average? I think not.

Sat Jan 31, 03:13:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Doesn't seem like easy is ever part of the equation for you. That being said... good luck.

(fingers crossed on yr behalf)

Sat Jan 31, 03:45:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

Nothing is easy, is right. Worth trying, eh?

Sat Jan 31, 05:02:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Debbie said...

I so hope it works for you.

Sat Jan 31, 11:34:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous movin' down the road said...

sounds good. that is really really hard for you, I am sure. All of it. But I admire that you are actually willing to entertain the idea. Keep the lines of communication open and to have ultimatum on the boyfriend/restrictions on that, is totally appropriate. She should be able to live without anyone before being able to get back with you. Obviously, there is something going on where she can't seem to be alone. But you are strong and you seem to really listen to your gut and know how you feel at any given time. Best to you!

Tue Feb 03, 10:55:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

I agree with "movin" she needs to be without boyfriend to prove her commitment.

I've been down this road myself and found out my ex couldn't let go of her boyfriend even though she wanted to come back to me and our daughters.

Please tread carefully...

Wed Feb 04, 03:29:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home