Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Can Hanna Montana Be Far Behind?


With Peanut being 3 years old, I was debating if Santa would leave her first Barbie under the Christmas tree this year. I decided to wait. I figured I mind as well put off the inevitable for one more year.

Yesterday, the lady across the street stopped by with presents for the kids. As you can assume, Peanut's present was her first Barbie. It was Ballerina Barbie. Pretty innocent so I what could I say.

I told myself it could have been worse. She could have given her a Bratz doll.

We each thanked and gave a hug to the lady across the street. I took the doll out of the box and Peanut started playing with it. I talked with our neighbor for a few and she left.

Minutes later, as I was picking up the wrapping paper Peanut came up to me with those words many of you have already heard...

"Daddy, look, she's naked."

Followed by...

"She's got boobies."

And never to be out done. An entire 10 minutes later the scream followed by the crying preceded...

"Daddy, I lost one of my dolly's shoes."

Everybody have a Merry Christmas. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Now if you will excuse me, I have to make sure the scissors are put away. I don't need Barbie hair all over my living room.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Charlotta-love said...

Smart idea with the scissors. I not only trimmed my Barbie's hair but my cabbage patch doll's hair as well.

Merry Christmas!

Wed Dec 24, 09:13:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

It's a slippery slope. Can't tell you enough and I'm afraid I've slid over my own line from time to time. But this year, OH, this year, my line is gonna be sacked by my brother. Oh Barbie, those were the good ole days...

Merry Christmas! Hope there's loads of joy there for your bunch and much resolution!

Wed Dec 24, 10:03:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous movin' down the road said...

welcome to the beginning....

Thu Dec 25, 09:08:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, this is just the start. It only gets to be more fun...

Good luck, Merry Christmas

Fri Dec 26, 06:50:00 PM 2008  
Blogger HW said...

I finally decided that toddlers like Barbie because she fits so well in their little hands.

But I have no idea why Barbie always has to be naked.

I don't know how many times my daughter heard me say "Ok, but Barbie can't be naked at church...." as we headed out the door on Sunday morning.

Instead of Bratz, when she gets to that stage, look for Groovy Girls -they are much cuter and not at all trampy.

Oh, and I pierced Barbie's ears with those little straight pins with balls on the ends - when I was seven or eight. I'll keep that to myself if you want.

Fri Dec 26, 11:55:00 PM 2008  
Blogger John said...

smart with the scissors...we got Polly Pockets and Princess Barbies for our 3 and 6 year old girls. Oh the tears and drama when a piece is lost!! Ours happened in the first day as well. (it was a shoe, too). What were we thinking?!? (at least yours was a gift, so you can absolve yourself of responsibility for the ensuing trauma!)

Sun Dec 28, 10:55:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous mom2divas said...

I hide the little pieces so we don't have to deal with the drama.

This is only the beginning. And I pierced my barbie's ears with flatheaded thumb tacks. Yeah I won't be sharing that with my girls.

Wed Dec 31, 10:02:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home