Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pillow Talk

Last month, I wrote about my bedroom walls being pink and how I wanted to repaint it, change the bedspread and make the room a little more masculine. I figured I should find something to focus on and go from there. Well, I found my focus.

In the spirit of foreplay, here is a picture.


I found the comforter in the attic. All I had to do was have it cleaned. From the Sunday paper, I picked up an advertisement from Raymour & Flanigan and there it was, sitting at the end of a couch. I went to the store later in the day to buy it. As you can imagine with the current economy, furniture sales aren’t too brisk so the salespeople aren’t too busy. With the ad in hand, I walked in. I was immediately approached by an attractive saleswoman who gave me her attention as if I was George Clooney.

“Hello sir, can I help you with something today?”

I lied and told her my wife sent me there for nothing but a single pillow.

You could see our supposed connection drain from her eyes. I immediately went from George Clooney to George Costanza.

Halfheartedly, the saleswoman showed me the pillow on display. I thought it looked even better than the picture in the ad. She then told me she would have to order it and it would take a week or two to arrive. No big deal, I thought. I wasn’t ready to paint yet, anyway.

I was then told how much it was.

$58

I told her I only wanted one pillow not two. She said that was the price for one. I decided that was what I wanted, $58 bucks or not, and told her okay. Without another word, never mind eye contact, she typed up the order, printed out the bill of sale and told me to take it over to the customer service area.

With her end complete, she thanked me for my purchase and walked away to find another customer.

I went to the customer service area, paid for the pillow and walked out of the store feeling a little cheated.

I mean, the least she could have done was take me over to the bedroom sets and ask me if I wanted to cuddle.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous TwoBusy said...

2 pillows = 1 decent ticket to a Pats game.

Just wanted to be clear on your current rate of exchange.

Thu Nov 13, 10:40:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mike said...

Are you Manny Ramirez's agent and getting 10% of his negotiated salary? How else could you justify $58? Damn...

Fri Nov 14, 05:15:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Angie in Texas said...

that is a GREAT pillow! and the colours on it ROCK! (good eye!)

Fri Nov 14, 08:51:00 PM 2008  
Blogger womaninawindow said...

HA! The pillow is very, very fine. This post is even better.

(You're a very funny dumbass.)

Fri Nov 14, 10:14:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

I would have seized that walk to the cashier as my opportunity to crumble up the order and run. $58? That's the water bill.

Sun Nov 16, 06:58:00 PM 2008  
OpenID claresdad.com said...

I think $58 is worth it if you wanted that one. It's more than a pillow...it's the start of new bedroom.

This reminds of a story though. I was shopping with a friend when he moved down to NYC and he needed a comforter and sheets and all the bed stuff. He found one of those bed-in-a-bag type sets he liked and then saw the price tag of about $500. For that price, he said, there ought to be a girl in the bag.

Mon Nov 17, 08:03:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous movin' down the road said...

you need to learn to sew. I made my pillows for $20 for 4.

Mon Nov 17, 06:45:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

While it is a very nice pillow, dude, you just got raped.

It's like sending a child out into the jungle with out any tools or weapons.

You should never go interior decorating shopping with out a woman to tell you our secrets.

Unless you are rich and can afford a 58 dollar pillow.

Sun Nov 23, 02:34:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home