Friday, October 03, 2008

Anybody Got An Extra Tea Bag?


Like you, I like coffee.

Good strong Starbucks type coffee. Black. No sugar. Well, maybe not like all of you.

During the week, I do not feel like spending $3 for one at Starbucks so in the morning I always take a coffee from home in one of those stainless steel travel mugs.

As a gift, I received a coffee maker that looks like this recently. It brews the coffee and puts it right into a travel mug.

So I will add the water and the coffee the night before and in the morning I turn it on as I get in the shower. After my shower, I have a hot cup-o-joe waiting for me.

Unfortunately, some mornings the coffee will wait longer than others. At times, Peanut or The Champ can be a little uncooperative and I have to focus a little harder on getting them fed, dressed and out the door. If they combine forces and make it a morning from hell, I will just grab the mug, without being able to enjoy a single sip, and off to work I go.

There in lies the problem.

If the planets align one more time and I forget to add coffee to the coffee maker the night before, leading to nothing but hot water being made and my little hellions force me to forgo my first sip until I get to work, I am going to be pissed.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger womaninawindow said...

Mr. Joe. You said "pissed". I didn't know you could get that angry.

I can't imagine hot water being very wakeful, but maybe the rage that I would feel - all those endorphins and all - would be rather eye opening.

Fri Oct 03, 08:05:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Oooh, shiny. I like it.

I would not like it if I forgot the coffee, though. That would be major suckage.

Nice to hear someone else who doesn't clutter up their coffee with milk and sugar. If I wanted sweet and milky, I'd drink, uh, milk.

Sat Oct 04, 01:26:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mike said...

Need my Starbucks or Peet's coffee almost as badly as a heroin addict needs his fix. The kids at my house know not to screw with Dad and his coffee. Thanks God Starbucks is given to us at the office...

Mon Oct 06, 02:02:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous stepping over the junk said...

one cup? two cups? I make a friggin' POT of coffee. I was so excited the other day though, when I came upon a Starbucks. I gladly shelled out 4.5 bucks for a latte. But then this morning, i went back to my own in my coffee pot. Which is just as good if not better.

Mon Oct 06, 10:03:00 PM 2008  
OpenID claresdad.com said...

I've forgotten to put in water. That doesn't work either.

Thu Oct 16, 01:36:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home