Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Open Mouth Insert Broken Foot


GBD & I have enjoyed each other's company quite a bit lately. We have talked alot about our marriages and the best way to handle the challenges they bring.

With talking to her, I become more secure with where I am going. With her, she is starting to admit to herself that something should be done.

She admitted to me that she will be looking for a divorce. I don't expect our relationship to advance whether she acts or not. I know the last thing I want is a relationship any more serious than what it currently is.

This past weekend, she asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner with her and another couple. I had to take The Champ to soccer practice but was free after that.

I have met the other couple before. I know GBD & the girl work together and her boyfriend is a salesman for Harley-Davidson.

The one thing I learned before dinner was the boyfriend recently got hit by a car while on his bike and seriously broke his leg. He went through 2 or 3 operations and won't be back on his bike until next year.

So GBD & I were sitting at the bar having a drink as the other couple arrived. The boyfriend was on crutches. We all exchanged greetings and GBD excused herself and went to the ladies room.

As the three of us were standing there talking, (remember, the boyfriend is standing there with a broken leg), the girlfriend asked me how The Champ did at soccer practice. My brain decided to take a momentary vaction as I answered.

"Hey, he didn't break anything."

Yes, that did fall out of my mouth.

I apologized and thankfully he laughed it off. The last thing I want to do is piss off this guy. We all enjoyed a great dinner and good conversation.

And I did my best to keep any additional stupid comments to a minimum.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger womaninawindow said...

Ha! Sorry. Laughing WITH you again.

Wed Sep 10, 07:09:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Mom 2 Divas said...

Too funny. I am not exaggerating when I say I often suffer from foot-in-mouth disease. Your comment was harmless I'm sure.

Wed Sep 10, 10:38:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Mike said...

Looks like your life is getting a bit more on track. Got to laugh when the stupid stuff comes out. Life is too short...

Wed Sep 10, 02:06:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Angie in Texas said...

Heehee! i, too, suffer from a case of "foot insertion".
(it IS good that you're able to laugh about the "little things".) =)

Wed Sep 10, 04:44:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous stepping over the junk said...

that is very funny. most harley guys i've run across are sweet lambs. not all, but alot are.

Wed Sep 10, 08:41:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Yikes. And sadly, that's exactly the kind of thing I can see myself saying -- except, of course, I wouldn't realize that I'd actually said anything wrong until his crutch smashed against my temple.

Thu Sep 11, 10:59:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home