Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Spoon! A Spoon! My Kingdom For A Spoon


When Mrs. Joe left, she cleaned me out of most of the kitchen stuff. Luckily, (I'm going to hell for saying that) her grandmother passed away just prior to her leaving so I got all her pots, pans, dishes and silverware.

I didn't care. The pots and pans were wedding gifts as well as the silverware. The dishes were some Pfaltzgraff set that Mrs. Joe bought long before we got married. As long as the freezer in the basement and the microwave stayed put, I knew I would survive with paper plates and plastic ware.

As for the silverware, I was a little worried about Peanut & The Champ. You all know that the little ones need little flatware. So when the day came and Mrs. Joe moved out, I assumed she would take all the kid's forks and spoons.

She left some, thankfully.

The problem is with my little princess, Peanut. She has fallen in love.

She has fallen in love with a spoon.


I don't know where we got this spoon but Peanut will not use any other spoon. It's not like it's the only one though



There are three of them but it seems the problem is the other two aren't yellow. The one on the left has yellow in the handle but it's still not the yellow one. Yesterday, I tried to offer one of the other spoons to which she replied,

"I want the yellow spoon!"

"But the yellow one is dirty from breakfast this morning."

"Can you wash it, please."

So to insure dinner was eaten without a meltdown of epic proportions, I promptly went and washed the yellow spoon for the third time. You would think she was born with in her mouth.

Does anybody know where I can get a few more of these? Remember, it has to be the yellow one.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger HW said...

Well, I'm stumped. I even googled "children's slotted spoon" and got nothing.

I have three suggestions:

- after each meal, put the treasured yellow spoon in a cup of soapy water so it can be ready at a moment's notice,

-take Peanut shopping for a new favorite - make a big deal about how she now has TWO (or 3 or 4) special spoons!!

-Um...ask Mrs. Joe where she got it.

I'm sure some of the young parents who read your blog will have better suggestions.

She's three, right? Sounds so familiar.

Tue Aug 05, 01:18:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

We have a set of those... I'm not sure, but I think we got ours at Babies-r-Us.

Tue Aug 05, 04:08:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous stepping over the junk said...

that's funny. my kids got hooked on things like that too. it's hard when they break or get lost (or totally gross). I've never seen those ones before.

Tue Aug 05, 05:11:00 PM 2008  
Blogger womaninawindow said...

I like hw's suggestion at taking her shopping for other "special" spoons or the soapy water, for that matter. Maybe hw could come over here and work out a few of our lumps.

It's also nice that you are working through things and can focus on some of the (un)important things...like spoons. Nice.

Tue Aug 05, 07:10:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mom 2 Divas said...

Target or babies r us. Both my kids loved these spoons and they were so great for a toddler to handle. Good luck in your find.

Tue Aug 05, 09:38:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

No idea, but let me know when you find them. They're cool.

Wed Aug 06, 01:53:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

As long as she keeps saying 'Please', I'd say keep washing.

Thu Aug 07, 12:08:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Jen said...

Those are the Sassy Less Mess spoons. I don't know if they are in stores anymore, but I saw some brand new in package on Ebay.

Sat Aug 09, 05:13:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Childsplayx2 said...

Jen beat me to it. Good luck finding a yellow one on-line, however because they don't let you choose the colors.

A trip to Babies-R-Us is in order, my friend.

Wed Aug 13, 02:01:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home