Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Handle On It No More


Two weeks ago I decided to hit the pause button regarding my divorce from Mrs. Joe. At the time, it seemed a good decision.

After further review, I have decided it wasn't the pause button I should have hit.

I should have hit the delete button.

After our conversation, Mrs. Joe has decided that a reconciliation will not work out. She sent me and e-mail telling me this (how nice!) and asking what day would be good for meeting again with the divorce mediator.

After thinking about this for a few days, I came to the conclusion that a divorce was probably what she wanted all along. And with me being the one filing, she didn't have to feel any additional guilt. Once I told her I wasn't going to push her, I guess she figured she had to take control of the situation.

Fine by me.

She e-mailed me again earlier tonight asking what day would be good for the appointment. I replied that it didn't matter to me. I will let her handle this from now on.

And in 15-20 years from now when Peanut & The Champ are older and ask me what happened, all I will have to do is give them this blog address.

And let Mrs. Joe handle that, too.

13 Comments:

Blogger Pgoodness said...

Sorry Joe. Really, that just sucks. And yes, let her do the work now. Damn.

Tue Aug 12, 11:08:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mom 2 Divas said...

She needs to take responsibilty for her choices. I'm glad you've let her take the wheel. She needs to own up and do the work if this is what she really wants. I'm sorry. This really sucks. She sucks.
Hugs for the Champ and Peanut.

Wed Aug 13, 01:53:00 AM 2008  
Blogger womaninawindow said...

Sweet.

You're a good guy. She's an idiot.

Wed Aug 13, 07:12:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Sorry - if not surprised - to hear it.

(She let you know by e-mail. Unbef#$@inglievable.)

Wed Aug 13, 08:28:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Wow. Email. That is harsh. Not quite as bad as a text message, but still. Ouch.

Hang in there. I've only just started reading your blog, so I have some catching up to do, but the word shafted comes to mind as I go thru your archives.

Wed Aug 13, 09:00:00 AM 2008  
Blogger HW said...

Yes, your kids will see this through adult eyes one day and they will see you as the one who tried and her as the one who just bailed out.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

Wed Aug 13, 11:31:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous uumomma said...

ditto what everyone said.

i dont know her
i dont like her

Wed Aug 13, 05:53:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous steppingoverthejunk said...

very good, despite it being hard, you have a clear picture on her and how she operates. Advice from someone who went through divorce...communicate through email to document things. You may laugh, but it helps keep a record of communication and if she gets wishy washy or something, you hve back up

Thu Aug 14, 08:54:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

If she acts this way in everything she does, it'll be clear to the kids what probably happened even without reading the blog.

Thu Aug 14, 08:33:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Shonda Little said...

Where are we at in society when we are seriously asking for divorces through email? Why didn't she just text it, ouch?
My parents divorced each other three times (seriously), so I can tell you it gets easier with time.

Fri Aug 15, 02:38:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Susiewearsthepants said...

They will ask questions, and it will be sooner than you think. My Keri is turning 10 next week. I think the first time she asked me what happened between her father and I, she was about 8. So prepare yourself. Sorry are going through this. Been there myself.

Fri Aug 15, 06:25:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Angie in Texas said...

i'm sorry you have to go through this . . . she doesn't deserve you. we all make decisions in our lives - she made hers and now she needs to learn to live with them. she needs to learn accountability.

you're a good man for believing in the best case . . . sorry it went so wrong. =(

Fri Aug 15, 09:46:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Dude. The fact that she couldn't be bothered to end her marriage with you in person after all you shared together...speaks volumes.

You deserve better.

I hope you find it.

Sat Aug 30, 08:31:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home