Friday, July 18, 2008

Dirty Little Secret


The day started out like any other day. Peanut & The Champ were at their mother's. I got up, took a shower, got dressed and went to work.

I worked until my usual time, but instead of going home I headed across town. Getting my hair cut once a month by the same lady for the last 20 years was the only reason for me to go to that part of town.

Until this week.

After I got my hair cut, I detoured slightly into the parking lot of the newest store of the local supermarket chain. I usually do my shopping at the store near my house but the radio advertised its grand opening all week with big specials and giveaways.

I walked in and grabbed a basket. I didn't need too much. I was more there to see what was inside. The store was beautiful. They tried to copy Whole Foods with the fancy produce racks and specialty departments.

I grabbed a red grapefruit along with a cantaloupe. The kids love cantaloupe. I added a package of chicken breasts. We'll see if I can grill those without making myself sick. I put a loaf of cornbread toast in the basket for The Champ and a box of Rice Krispies for Peanut. Breakfast is served.

That was about all I needed.

Except for one last thing.

I found out this store has one thing the store near my house didn't have and I had to see it to believe it. It was near the courtesy booth at the other end of the store.

As I walked over and looked up there it was.

I became a little anxious. Thank God for the Xanax.

I couldn't believe what I saw but there it was, just hanging there.

A picture of the bastard who is fucking my wife.

Apparently he is the night manager.

How I found out doesn't matter. Why I went there I don't really know. Curiosity, I guess. I don't feel any different about the situation. My head still spins when I think of them together. Just now I can put a face on him.

I played it safe. He wasn't working. I checked the parking lot for his truck. Yes, I know what he drives, would you like his plate number? I don't need that kind of hassle. It's probably better off that they don't know I know.

But a time will come...

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Susiewearsthepants said...

Dang, that sucks! I would keep this tidbit to myself for the time being.

Fri Jul 18, 10:47:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Starrbuckdaddy said...

This certainly puts you in the driver's seat.

Not sure what I'd do if he was on duty....

Sat Jul 19, 10:38:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Dan said...

Just don't do anything rash, you need to be the grown up here.

I can certainly understand why you'd want to know who he was though.

Sat Jul 19, 02:02:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

I'm more of a cause a scene type. Either I'd kick his ass or get him fired in trying.

I'm not proud of that.

Sat Jul 19, 02:14:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Charlotta-love said...

While I don't have advice for one situation, I can help with the chicken. Get a George Forman, some Lawry's seasoning and some skinless chicken breast. Spray the grill, put a piece of chicken on it, sprinkle some seasoning and you've just made dinner. Good luck.

Sat Jul 19, 10:51:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Damn. The temptation to lose your f#@$#ing mind and club him like a baby seal must be very, very strong. However, along the lines of Dan's comment, you've done an incredible job at being a level-headed adult to this point... and long-term, changing that wouldn't benefit you or your kids.

Dream of vengeance, but allow karma to do the dirty work.

Sun Jul 20, 07:24:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Bea said...

Ouch. It's all so painful. I am sorry. Remember that Mrs. Joe, though, is the one that chose to break the allegiance. SHE caused the harm. Try not to waste your time on this loser.

Sun Jul 20, 09:20:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

I can vividly recall those darks days after my first wife left me. Since he worked in the same office as her I wanted so badly to burst into it and announce to their co-workers that they were fucking. that definitely would've gotten them fired...and me arrested. I even drove by on several with intentions of doing it. But I didn't.

Hang onto that info. Perhaps you can snag that photo off the wall and turn it into a backyard BB gun target.

Mon Jul 21, 05:29:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Mike said...

Dude,
I've been there as well. Mine was screwing around with her massage therapist. I tried to report him the state agency for unethical practices. Did no good. As others have said, let it go and let karma take over. My daughters as they grew up lost a lot of respect towards their mother and her "new" husband. Kids are smart and they figure out these things themselves. In the meantime and I know its been said before, time will heal.

Tue Jul 22, 12:03:00 PM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

i have "whit" wishes, but "dan" tendencies.

the first time i saw my ex's "new" wife (the one he cheated with) i thought i was going to be sick . . . but then i realized i'm thinner and have a REAL hair color. MEEEE-ooooow! (yeah, i'm petty like that.)

Tue Jul 22, 05:16:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

I hope you didn't drop your cantelope.

Wed Jul 23, 11:09:00 PM 2008  
Blogger womaninawindow said...

Argle! I've tried to comment four or five times and all for naught. What's up with that?

Anyway, I'm with you. I would have to go. I would have to see. I've been there and just tried to hold my head up while my heart was breaking and my soul was erupting. You did well, dude!

Thu Jul 24, 09:05:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Tricia said...

Ouch! I'm new here and don't know the whole story line, but would like to second what bea wrote.

Fri Jul 25, 11:04:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Lauren said...

Talk about temptation! However, karma is a bitch. Don't risk your relationship with your kids and how you feel about yourself for trash like him.

Fri Jul 25, 12:20:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Holy potatoes!

I have no freaking clue what I would do in that position. Probably freak right the f- out.

Good on you for not being like me.

My heart hurts for you, hon.

Mon Jul 28, 06:15:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home