Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sand, Sea, Shells and Single


The company I work for shuts down the week of the 4th of July. So every year, Mrs. Joe and I would take the kids to Cape Cod for vacation that week. Best part was that we would spend it with her mother and step-father who own a house there. They are there for the entire summer so they would look forward to us coming out so they could see the kids.

I assumed with everything going on with Mrs. Joe things would be different this year.

They are going to be but not exactly how I expected.

My in-laws are aware of what is going on with Mrs. Joe & I and they aren't too happy. Let's just say my in-laws have made their opinions known to Mrs. Joe and with that, Mrs. Joe has decided she is not going there for vacation this year.

After hearing this, my in-laws asked me if I wanted to come out with the kids for the week anyway. I figure it's not my kids fault that their parents are splitting up, why shouldn't they get the vacation they want with the people they want to be with. It will be helpful with my in-laws there. I won't have to do everything myself.

Besides its free. Well, maybe a case of Sam Adams but still worth it.

So I decided to take them up on the offer.

I plan on packing tomorrow and heading out on Tuesday. We will stay through the week and come home on the following Monday. That's another perk of having them live there, I don't have to come and go on the weekend with everbody else.

Weather permitting, we will hit the beach every day. Play some miniature golf a few times, eat way too much ice cream and watch the parade on Friday. The same as every year.

Except this year their mother will not be enjoying it with us...

...and that is her loss.

Hope everybody has a good holiday.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger HW said...

What a great week you have planned. And how great that your in-laws are doing this for you and their grandchildren.
It is indeed Mrs. Joe's loss.

Sun Jun 29, 03:06:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

Nice to see the in-laws are able to see through the crap.

Have fun.

Sun Jun 29, 07:21:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mom 2 Divas said...

De-lurking here. Just wanted to say that it is great that you have your in-laws' support and regardless of the crap that's going on, you and the kids will have a great week. Have fun/

Sun Jun 29, 08:05:00 PM 2008  
Blogger smizzo said...

I am so glad that you are going. Enjoy your kids and your in-laws and mostly YOURSELF. You're so doing the right thing.

Oh, and YAY for Sam Adams. ;)

Mon Jun 30, 12:09:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Hope your kids have a great time playing in the surf!

Mon Jun 30, 08:46:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

Have a great week. You know, of course, that Mrs. Joe will hate you for this.

Mon Jun 30, 10:51:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Charlotta-love said...

I think it's great that you still have a good relationship with the in-laws. Enjoy the 4th! And if my memory serves correctly, happy birthday as well.

Mon Jun 30, 11:57:00 AM 2008  
Blogger womaninawindow said...

Good on you! Have fun and screw her...well, not literally!

Mon Jun 30, 06:29:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous stepping over the junk said...

wow. courage man! have a good time. my week is without my kids right now. Been partaking in sam adams every night.

Mon Jun 30, 08:52:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Pgoodness said...

good for you! have a great time!

Tue Jul 01, 09:40:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

Have a fun weekend with the kids.
Hopefully, you will only have to enjoy fireworks on the 4th.

Wed Jul 02, 09:34:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

That is awesome!!! I hope you've had a wonderful week at the beach.

Sun Jul 06, 01:49:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Shamelessly Sassy said...

hope you are having a great trip.

Thu Jul 10, 12:25:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home