Friday, June 06, 2008

Rewarded For Good Behavior



It seems I am being rewarded for good behavior. Good dad behavior specifically.

Back in March, I wrote about The Champ having his friend Nate over for a Sunday afternoon play date. Everybody seemed to get along and nobody broke anything. Well, Nate and his sister were invited to Peanut’s birthday party last week. At the party, their mom came over to me and asked if I had plans for this coming Saturday.

I noted we had nothing going on.

“I was wondering if you and The Champ would like to go to see the Red Sox with Nate & I.”

She went on to tell me that her dad has some kind of weekend ticket package and she gets 4 tickets to a couple games a year. She went on to say something that made me giggle like a schoolgirl being asked to the prom.

“They are box seats on the third base line right behind the dugout.”

I think I began jumping up and down, screaming "oh my God" at the top of my lungs wondering what I was going to wear.

It’s a 4:00 game, so we are heading out around noon. Hopefully we can get there early enough to try and get some autographs. Unlike last year, the train station delays kept us away until the start of the game. It will be a long day for the boys. We will not be home until 10 or so. The weather looks great, temperature in the 80’s without any rain.

A great day for a ball game with your son.

I have to remember to tell The Champ that Nate can come back over ANY time he wants.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Very nice. I'm jealous.

Fri Jun 06, 10:29:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Charlotta-love said...

have a great time!

I tried to think of some prom advice for you but wearing comfortable shoes and remembering your purse didn't seem applicable.

Fri Jun 06, 11:11:00 AM 2008  
Blogger HW said...

Oh Wow! You deserve this.

We got to see the Red Sox play a couple of years ago, when we went to Boston for vacation. It was the ONLY TIME our 14 year old son was not sullen and grumpy for our 6day stay. So, even though I'm not a baseball fan, I *heart* the Red Sox.

You're going to make some great memories for The Champ.

Fri Jun 06, 11:44:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Not 80s, my friend: think 90s. Bring hats and a lot of opportunities to hydrate.

That being said, have a great time and keep this homestand winning streak alive!

Fri Jun 06, 03:43:00 PM 2008  
Blogger womaninawindow said...

The rewards that fall from box-seats...I mean heaven...just desserts, man, jut desserts...

Fri Jun 06, 07:21:00 PM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

i got a little giddy just reading about it. (i miss weekend games in baltimore with my friends, beer and barbeque . . . ) =( *sniff*

hope you guys have a GREAT day!

Sun Jun 08, 03:10:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

Sounds like Nate just earned BFF status.

Mon Jun 09, 09:22:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Chaos Control said...

Granted, I'm a bit behind on my blog reading - but am I the only reader who's thoughts immediately went to "is she single"? "Is she picking up on you"?

Do tell ...

Thu Jun 12, 04:11:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Dude.

Your inner geek is showing. I hope you played it cool and at least wiped the drool off your chin.

Wouldn't want to freak her out and NOT get invited to anymore games with sweet seats...

Wink, wink.

Sat Jun 14, 06:05:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home