Thursday, June 19, 2008

Not The Only One In Hot Water

She asked me if I wanted to go for lobster.

I should have said no.

But I didn't.

She asked me to take this past Monday off from work.
I should have said no.

But I didn't.

GBD & I left early in the morning and drove out to Gloucester & Rockport, MA for the day. Glouster & Rockport are beautiful towns on Cape Ann, north of Boston. I found out she lived near there for a few years. She found out that I had never been there before.

We arrived in Gloucester around noon. We stopped for a beer at The Crow's Nest, which was made famous in the book & movie The Perfect Storm. After enjoying the locals for a while we drove over to Rockport.

We parked the car in town and fed the meter a couple of hours in quarters. We walked around for a while. She showed me the town and did some shopping. Rockport has a bunch of typical tourist shops but they are all in beautiful historic houses. I could have walked around for hours just looking at the history.

I learned Rockport is very famous for one thing. A simple fishing shack.

My photo of Motif Number 1

After my brief art history lesson, it was time for dinner. We didn't have to walk far. On Bearskin Neck at the harbor is the Roy Moore Lobster Company.


Yes, that's it.

Now I am not one to claim to be a lobster connoisseur but it is evident that the storefront didn't scream "best lobster in town".

I was defintely mistaken.

We walked in and GBD ordered 2 lobsters. We went out to the back deck while they boiled them. The deck was nothing more than wood crates overlooking the harbor. We were thinking of hitting a brewpub on the way home so we asked the owner if there was one close.

Did I mention Rockport is a dry town?

He mentioned one in Salem, but nothing too close. After ten minutes they called our order and we went and got our dinner. It had to be the best lobster I ever had. Too bad, I thought, a beer would have gone great with it.

No sooner did I say that did the owner walk out with two Harpoon I.P.A.s for us.

feast for kings


After dinner we headed home. Back to the other lives we lead. I have to say I had another great time with her.

I will also admit to the obvious.

I am having an affair with a married woman.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Whit said...

I had an experience like this when I was younger. It went on and off for nearly a year. I'm not proud of it, but it was fantastic.

Fri Jun 20, 01:56:00 AM 2008  
Blogger womaninawindow said...

? I don't know what to say. Life is complicated, isn't it? There's also a poetry here, I think, to teach you something. Do you see it? I am glad you are happy. You are happy, I hope.

You wrote this very well. Tentative enough. Like you're telling it from around a corner.

Fri Jun 20, 07:41:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Em said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. But a very difficult situation. I wish you the best in dealing with this relationship.

Fri Jun 20, 08:42:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Man, your life has taken some real turns since Thanksgiving. That being said... it sounds like a great day on Bearskin Neck.

Fri Jun 20, 09:38:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

Why is it that every time I visit your blog I leave either hungry or thirsty or both?

Fri Jun 20, 11:08:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous stepping over the junk said...

Well. You were right up the road from me, you know. That is where I live. (Gloucester) Rockport isn't completely dry there are a few places that have licenses (only recently though). Next time, stop in my studio and say hello! As for the end of what you say, I think that more people than you realize have been there. Been either the one married in an affair or the one having an affair with another person. You both will find something in this and I know it must not be easy for you.

Fri Jun 20, 02:06:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Susiewearsthepants said...

Sigh-It shames me to admit that I have never eaten lobster before. It looks pretty good!

Fri Jun 20, 09:59:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciate your honesty.

The need to connect with another person is human nature so don't beat yourself up too much. But be aware that this path requires a different map, agenda and rules. It's an experience for those with tougher hearts, not the vulnerable. Be careful, please.

Stay strong. Time does heal.

Bea

Tue Jun 24, 01:09:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home