Thursday, May 08, 2008

Robert Frost Must Not Have Had A Cluttered Garage

“Good fences make good neighbors” – from the poem Mending Wall by Robert Frost

Although I agree with the line from that poem, seeing this parked on my next door neighbor’s front lawn a few days ago made me realize that it might have been better written.




How about “Half empty dumpsters make good neighbors”?

With me living in a town that picks up my trash weekly, the task of taking anything to the dump ranks up there with cleaning my septic tank.

Wait, I am connected to the town sewers, I don’t have to do that.

Anyway, the town doesn't take away bulk items with the weekly trash so I need to bring anything big to the dump myself or find another way to get rid of it.

You now see why the sight of the dumpster is like hitting the junk removal jackpot.

My neighbor had been renting the house for a few years from his friend who had lived there since he was a kid. Recently, he bought the house. The attic still had a bunch of stuff from the first owner. Part of the sale agreement was the original owner had to clean out the attic. So the dumpster was dropped off and the attic was cleaned.

After seeing there was still room, I asked my neighbor if I could contribute. He said they were all set and I could fill the remaining space. I was able to unload a bunch a junk from my garage into it.

The best part was that all it cost me was a 12-pack of beer.

There is no fence separating our yards that needs mending but being able to unload some junk from the garage has had similar results.

5 Comments:

Blogger angie said...

i suggested to HSBF to rent one of those smaller dumpsters a while back, but instead he let all of his crap collect in the backyard for a while and then he got his/my handyman to haul it all away. (don'tcha just LOVE the way it feels after you've thrown all that "stuff" out?!)

Thu May 08, 11:56:00 PM 2008  
Blogger charlotta-love said...

I'd say you have a great neighbor!

Fri May 09, 08:47:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Anything that saves you multiple trips to the dump is worth a 12-pack, no question.

Fri May 09, 09:39:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

Excellent trade for the twelve pack. It's kind of weird, but I love throwing things away.

Fri May 09, 01:48:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Pgoodness said...

totally worth it. love the feeling of a clean garage!

Sat May 10, 09:35:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home