Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Only Mother They Got


Seeing Peanut is 2 and The Champ is 6, I am still responsible for the kids’ gifts to their mother for Mother’s Day. I decided that I would stop by this little Italian pastry shop she likes and get her some cannoli for the kids to give her.

I also talked to her Tuesday and although I have the kids this weekend, I asked her if she wanted to spend Sunday with them. I know I would like them on Father’s Day so I assumed she would want them for her day.

“I can’t” she replied. “I have to work 10 hours on Sunday.”

“Fine. Would like them on Saturday?”

“I have to work all day Saturday, too”

“Well, I figured seeing Sunday is Mother’s Day you would want to spend the day with the kids.”

With a snide, matter-of-fact tone, “I know what Sunday is.”

And hung the phone up on me.

I guess I can bring the kids over early Sunday morning before she goes to work. I just have to make sure I only give her the cannoli and not tell her where she can put the cannoli.

Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger womaninawindow said...

HOLY CRAP! (My mouth is hanging open...could shove some fair sized cannoli in there!) I daresay you are better off...AND you're the one trying to save her mother's day? Amazing. Thanks for reading my boys will be boys stuff. Glad for the male point of view. I, however, even with my female parts DO NOT get the shoe thing either.

Sat May 10, 12:57:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous uumomma said...

dude...
gotta say....
i almost feel sorry for her.
almost.

Sun May 11, 07:25:00 PM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

tell her to call/email me - I'LL tell her where to put the canolis . . .

Sun May 11, 09:21:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Em said...

Wow...you were being the nice guy...she was being the...well, we all know what she was being.

Sun May 11, 09:30:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Points to you for trying to do the right thing. Sorry - but not surprised - to hear she once again chose to be ugly about it.

Mon May 12, 08:47:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

Not to make light of the pain that you and the kids have been through, but I can't help but think that the three of you might be better off when the smoke clears.

Mon May 12, 12:29:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous phenom said...

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Tue May 13, 07:46:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

You should have kept the cannoli.

Tue May 13, 09:37:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

A can of whoops-ass would've been a better choice.

Tue May 13, 02:11:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mama Nabi said...

Huh... this makes me wish I were divorcing YOU... and our respective spouses were divorcing each other. What the - . For Mother's Day, I only got 2 nasty voicemails, including one that told me I was a thief who doesn't deserve to be in the lovely U.S. of A... Man, can I have the canolis?

Mon May 19, 02:26:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Stepping over the Junk said...

well hell. my ex wont even let me have the kids on mother's day. she should be ashamed

Tue May 20, 11:20:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home