Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sometimes Blind Dates Are A Success


Sorry for the late update. No boyfriend leaped from an alleyway or anything like that. I just have been busy.

Anyway, I was sitting at the bar early Thursday night and in the back of my head I was thinking it.

"She's not going to show."

I was there early but the thought did cross my mind. That sure would've been an esteem killer. But she did show, right on time. Thankfully, she recognized me and came over. We exchanged pleasantries and got to know each other a little over a drink.

And that started one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time.

Simply put, we laughed our asses off.

The Producers is the funniest thing Mel Brooks has ever done. And I loved History Of The World. But you couple that with one of the funniest girls I have met and you see why I had a good time.

As I said we got to know each other a little. I admitted how I came about to have the extra ticket and told her my situation with Mrs. Joe. She was fine with everything and said we should just worry about having a good time. Ends up, she works at the Barnes & Noble where I take Peanut & The Champ for story time on Friday nights.

After the show, we drove back to the club and we went in for another beer. My buddy who set us up was there. We both thanked him and said we had a really good time. We exchanged phone numbers and agreed we should get together again.

There was one thing I thought of the following day. Not once during the entire night did I stop to think of Mrs. Joe. No wishing she was there. No wondering if she would have had a good time. I think it showed me that I am starting to move on.

I know I am not ready for any kind of relationship right now but just spending time with someone who I make laugh and who makes me laugh is great. I'm looking forward to more of that.

And knowing that I can find good company in others and see that my company is enjoyed is a great feeling.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous uumomma said...

i am so proud and happy for you!

erika

Sun Apr 06, 07:13:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Pgoodness said...

fantastic! I am SO glad the evening went well for you! Getting out and having some laughs seems to agree with you. :-)

Sun Apr 06, 08:04:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

OUTSTANDING.

Sun Apr 06, 08:37:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Childsplayx2 said...

Great job making the evening a success!

Sun Apr 06, 08:57:00 PM 2008  
Blogger smizzo said...

Yes! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself and got your mind off of things. This is a start. :)

Sun Apr 06, 09:41:00 PM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

YAY!!!

i'm so glad you had a good time. there's more good times to come . . .

=)

Mon Apr 07, 09:35:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Mama Nabi said...

Just glad that you had a good time.

Mon Apr 07, 02:06:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Dan said...

That-a-boy

Mon Apr 07, 02:14:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Yay!!!!

I'm so happy for you. You done good kid.

Tell me, was she wearing a purple shirt?

Wink, wink.

Mon Apr 07, 11:04:00 PM 2008  
Blogger TexasGal said...

See...that wasn't so hard. Good for you! Glad the evening was a success and y'all had a great time.

Tue Apr 08, 04:43:00 AM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

Nice going! It proves that all you have to do sometimes is suit up and show up and good things happen. I'm glad you had a good time.

Tue Apr 08, 11:04:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home