Thursday, April 17, 2008

Something About Apples & Falling

I was driving The Champ to school yesterday morning and as we turned out of our street he spotted two large tree pruning trucks. I noticed a few days prior that some city trees along the sidewalk were spray painted with an "X". The trees did not look in that good of shape and they must have been there to remove them.

"What are those trucks for?" asked The Champ.

"They are going to cut down some trees." I replied.

"Why are they going to cut down some trees"

"Because the are diseased"

"Diseased, What's that?"

"The trees are sick," I clarified.

"How do the know the trees are sick?" such the little inquisitive one.

"It's like when you are sick, you know you are sick because you have a runny nose. The men know if the tree is sick by looking at it."

And with a matter-of-fact tone, "But dad, trees don't have noses."

Yes, sir. That's my boy.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger angie said...

heehee . . .

lucky for me, my BFF (seattle C) is a genius . . . so when AM asks questions about electricity, i just call her. or call HSBF when she starts asking about the sun's temperature or space.

i'm here to answer the questions about boo-boos and poop. =)

Thu Apr 17, 09:13:00 PM 2008  
Blogger womaninawindow said...

I liked it. Much better than where I imagined it going...killing the diseased trees=offing kid with cold. EEk. Yours is much softer.

Thu Apr 17, 09:56:00 PM 2008  
Blogger charlotta-love said...

Yeah dad, trees don't have noses! Does he have to teach you everything?

Thu Apr 17, 11:28:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

Touché!

Fri Apr 18, 03:28:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous uumomma said...

well, duh.

Fri Apr 18, 08:45:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home