Monday, April 14, 2008

Help At Every Turn, Or In This Case, Twist


It is no secret that my life has taken about a 180 degree turn in the last few months. I don’t mind admitting that I have relied on some help getting through all of this.

I am currently seeing a therapist weekly. She has been very helpful showing me things about myself that I can work on. She has also showed me that I was giving a lot more towards my marriage than Mrs. Joe.

I have been put on an anti-anxiety medication that seems to help. I can sleep at night now. Although I’m not too sure how much longer I can stay on a medication that costs me 50 bucks a month.

My sister has been fantastic through all of this. She has not been afraid to tell it like it is, even if she has been a friend to Mrs. Joe for over 15 years. My cousin has also been a big help. Hearing a point of view from “one of the guys” sure improves my self esteem.

I have been reading this book for the last two weeks. It’s helped me believe I am not completely at fault for all of this. It has also shown me ways to get through the worst of times.

And a tip of the hat to all of you. The comments I receive range from some who have been there to simple "atta-boys" and are a welcome feeling every day.

Along with those, I found another place for therapeutic guidance. Last night, as I sat down to watch the Red Sox defeat the Yankees, again, I opened a bottle of Magic Hat’s #9. Have you ever seen some beers put a note of some kind on the bottom of the bottle cap? Well, Magic Hat does this and this is what it said.

“It’s still home if you’re alone.”

I tried to take a picture of the cap for you but I couldn’t figure out how to take such a close up shot without the picture getting all blurred.

So does this mean all I need to do is drink more and all my troubles will go away?

If it was that easy.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger charlotta-love said...

You got a lid to help you smile. :o)

My sister was eating Dove Chocolates once even though she'd just started a diet. The message on the inside read, "Keep the Promises You Make to Yourself".

Tue Apr 15, 10:03:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Depends what type of camera you have and the age of it, there may be a macro button which allows for close up shots of beer bottle caps...

I've taken a few in my day.

Heh.

Wed Apr 16, 12:26:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

It's great that you have some friends and a great family to lean on when needed.

Wed Apr 16, 11:14:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home