Thursday, April 03, 2008

Good News/Bad News


Bad news: The girl from work backed out of going to the show tonight. She claimed her ex couldn’t watch their kid.

Good news: After I told a friend of mine this, he made a phone call setting me up on a somewhat-blind date.

By somewhat, I mean we were introduced to each other once in a club but now she has no recollection of who I am. Not a good start. I don’t think you can call it a date anyway. I asked my friend if she was in a relationship.

“It’s complicated,” He replied.

Great. With everything else going on, tonight a pissed off boyfriend is going leap from some alley and kick my ass.

I probably should have just unloaded the tickets.

But I really want to see the show and I would be lying if part of me didn’t want to take someone just to have it get back to Mrs. Joe.

I will be picking her up tonight at the same club we were first introduced at. I told her to look for the tall hunky blonde with the perfect hair. And when he moves out of the way, I’ll be the little guy behind him.

Hopefully the show is good and we have a fun time.

And hopefully I don’t loose any teeth.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Pgoodness said...

Hope you have (had at this point, probably) a nice time, complicated woman with you or not. I'm sure it was weird, but good for you to get out for awhile.

Thu Apr 03, 09:48:00 PM 2008  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

Enjoy yourself.

Just watch your back when you use the restroom; that's where most boyfriends confront the "other" guy.

Fri Apr 04, 01:16:00 AM 2008  
Blogger TexasGal said...

Just go and have a great time. Don't worry about anything, just keep it casual. At least she said 'yes'. That's a start.

Fri Apr 04, 05:24:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Wonderful -- more complexity. Just what you were looking for.

That being said, have a great time!

Fri Apr 04, 09:10:00 AM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

i hope you had a good/great time. maybe you two had the opportunity to make some "complicated" jokes.

i hope it was relaxed, casual and that she was a hottie and that mrs. joe hears the girl is a hottie!

Fri Apr 04, 09:55:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Mama Nabi said...

Ah... no worries, you have complications, she has complications... enjoy the show, have a good time, no pressure...

Have fun!

Fri Apr 04, 10:21:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous uumomma said...

i can hardly wait to hear how it went!

Sat Apr 05, 03:41:00 AM 2008  
Blogger smizzo said...

I can't wait to hear the details either! Oh, I hope you had a nice time.

Sat Apr 05, 12:52:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

She'd better have good boobs to endure a smack down from a boyfriend while you go take a leak in the washroom....

Mon Apr 07, 11:02:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home