Friday, March 14, 2008

Trying To Get Back To Normal


Per Mrs. Joe & I's arrangement, I have Peanut & The Champ this weekend. I picked them up from school yesterday and will have them until I bring them to school Wednesday morning. Everybody told us to minimize the amount of times we exchange them. This will take getting used to for all of us.

During dinner last night, we were dining on hot dogs and french fries. Hey, Mrs. Joe did all the cooking. I got to start somewhere. The Champ asked me something that felt like a punch to the throat.

"I wish this fight between you and mommy would be over. I don't like having an empty chair at the table."

I do to, buddy. I do to.

We went to Friendly's for dinner tonight. Across the street, there's a Barnes and Noble and on Fridays they have story time for the kids. Someone will read a story, tonight it was about St. Patrick's Day, and then they have an activity for the kids. So we stopped for dinner before heading over to B&N. Happily the munchkins behaved and we came home, read a few stories and they went to bed.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll take them to the park in the morning.

Every day I feel more and more secure with myself and with the way I am handling everything that is going on. I can do this. I can step up and take care of these kids all by myself. As much as I love Mrs. Joe, I can't sit by and wait for her to come to her senses. I got two kids that are depending on me to keep their life as normal as possible.

I can do this.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Pgoodness said...

yes you can. you already are

Sat Mar 15, 10:15:00 AM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

you can, and you are, and you will.

Sat Mar 15, 10:18:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Mama Nabi said...

I think you are already on your way - I admire the fact that you are paying attention to simple things such as not exchanging them too much... (my own counterpart refuses to see that...)
No matter what happens, I have a feeling the kids will always be a priority with you. And THAT will be your strength...

Sat Mar 15, 12:16:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

I do most of the cooking and I still make hot dogs and fries occasionally--nothing wrong with that.

The kids'll probably bring things up a lot at first. I think you're handling it all really well.

Sat Mar 15, 02:06:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Dan said...

I'm proud of you man.

Sat Mar 15, 07:14:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mitch McDad said...

Wow. That's rough man. Good luck with everything.

That's a great attitude you have considering the situation.

And I miss Friendly's--man it's been over 15 years since i've been to one.

Sun Mar 16, 04:20:00 AM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

Sorry I'm late to posting. I like that you're taking them to story time. That gives me some ideas...

I've got so much respect for you and the way that you're doing things. Keep it up!

Wed Mar 19, 03:21:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home