Monday, March 24, 2008

The Easter Bunny Came Early


I hope everybody had a good Easter. Mine was okay. Mrs. Joe had Peanut & The Champ on Sunday but I had them overnight Thursday, Friday morning and most of Saturday.

Seeing I wasn't going to have them on Easter Sunday, I arranged for the Easter Bunny to come by on Thursday night. He scattered some eggs around the house and left a basket for each of the kids. Peanut got some chocolate eggs, a few Reese's cups and a Pooh puzzle while The Champ also got some chocolate eggs, Reese's cups and four Matchbox cars.

I didn't have to work on Friday so the egg hunt wasn't rushed. I read a letter to the kids from the Easter Bunny saying how he heard they wouldn't be home on Sunday so he decided to come a few days early.

We searched the house for awhile. I did my best to keep The Champ from going after every egg. Peanut found some on her own but I had to keep telling The Champ to let her find some on her own to keep it somewhat equal. He then took to showing her where they were.

After we found all of the eggs we sat at the dining room table and opened them up. It seems the Easter Bunny now puts a quarter in a few of the eggs now. Two eggs even had $1 in them. I then got the kids dressed and took the to their mother's for the rest of the day.

So I figure I handled my first holiday as a separated parent pretty good. I did what I could to enjoy Easter with the kids even though it wasn't the actual day. Right now they are young, they don't really understand what's going on. They just see they are getting two of everything. As they get older, hopefully they will see the efforts that I put in to make the best of a bad situation.

That's the best I can hope for.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous uumomma said...

very well done

Tue Mar 25, 12:36:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Mama Nabi said...

Not only was that the best you're doing, it's a whole lot better than what I see many people doing.

Hah... I was thinking about LN's birthday - PN would insist on spending the actual day with her... it's not about the actual day or date. It is about how you spend it with them. I am planning to have LN's birthday part the day after her actual birthday. PN gets what he wants and LN still gets her birthday party, which means I get what I want. :-)

I'm so glad that the Easter Bunny was nice enought to stop by a couple days early. I don't know about Peanut... but I think Champ will remember this early arrival with much fondness. Your best rocks...

Tue Mar 25, 12:59:00 PM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

Nice touch with the Easter Bunny on Thursday. The Champ and Peanut are feeling relaxed with you. They need that feeling of no tension in the home and you're providing it. Good Job dude!!!

So...the Red Sox pulled one out of their heinies this morning to open the season. J was wondering why I was in the bedroom longer than normal when I was getting reading. She busted me watching baseball...of course then see started watching too, so she couldn't complain that much.

Tue Mar 25, 01:12:00 PM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

well played above average joe.

(the easter bunny came on friday and left packages with candy, pokemon and books).
;-)

Tue Mar 25, 01:24:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

I can only hope that if I ever find myself in your shoes, that I handle myself with as much grace and dignity as you are.

Tue Mar 25, 07:15:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

Nicely done. I'm sure it pulled on the heartstrings a bit.

Wed Mar 26, 02:30:00 AM 2008  
Blogger smizzo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thu Mar 27, 11:43:00 AM 2008  
Blogger smizzo said...

You're an awesome Dad. Your kids are lucky. :)

Thu Mar 27, 11:46:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home