Monday, March 03, 2008

Countdown


The countdown has begun. Mrs. Joe will be out of the house this Friday night. She has made arrangements with her mother to take Peanut & The Champ after school on Friday and keep them until Saturday afternoon. She will move her stuff out Friday evening.

I figure I will get out of work Friday and go out to dinner with my cousin and his girlfriend. They, along with my sister, have been really supportive through all this and I will assume I'll be needing them most of all when I get home to god knows what sometime Friday night.

They both, my cousin and sister, have agreed to come over Saturday and help me salvage what ever I have left over and turn it into some type of home. Mrs. Joe is only taking the dining room set and The Champ's bedroom set (both are family pieces) so furniture wise I don't have too much to replace. It's all the small stuff I have no idea about.

Take it, I'll replace the small shit.

I think I am prepared for this. We haven't spoke about much without it turning into an argument this past week. The child custody has gotten ugly. Mrs. Joe set up an appointment with a mediator this Thursday to hep us come to an agreement. I'm going for an even split, 50-50, for custody. Let someone who hears the story tell me otherwise. Money doesn't look to be an issue. We are looking to just split the bills instead of custody payments.

So the finish line is near. I am melancholy to say the least.

But I think it is for the best for all involved.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Darren said...

Honestly, if I were you, I probably wouldn't even make it through work this week. I'd guess this'll be the hardest part. Hang in there and stay firm on the custody.

Mon Mar 03, 05:05:00 PM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

good grief . . . take a deep breath and know that it's all going to be okay sooner than later.

remember, it's just stuff . . .

mediation is a good idea: no one's going to say that you're not trying to be fair.

a virtual hug for you. =)

Tue Mar 04, 12:24:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous uumomma said...

your in my P&PT dude

Tue Mar 04, 01:18:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

What Darren said.

Good luck and be strong!

Tue Mar 04, 03:42:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous phenom said...

You know that thing when you slap your buddy on his back, nod to the bartender and hold up two fingers? That's what I'm doing right now, man. Hang in there.

Tue Mar 04, 07:36:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

Ditto what Phenom said. I wish we lived closer. I'd keep you busy watching the Celtics drive to the finals and chasing it down with Sam Adams.

Tue Mar 04, 11:27:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

I think Kurt Russell said it best in Tango & Cash: "This whole thing... fucking sucks!"

(That's right: I just quoted Tango & Cash. I meant it, too.)

Anyhow, Phenom's got it nailed. Next round's on me.

Tue Mar 04, 12:42:00 PM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

It's good you got some people who have your back at home. Sounds like they love you and are really willing to help out. Man...that's something you can't trade...people who care and are giving. Just take little baby steps and breathe...You'll be okay..

My drill seargant said it best when he taught us this little acronym...FIDO... F**k it, Drive On!!!

Drive on Joe...Drive on...I'm marchin' there with ya.

Tue Mar 04, 04:13:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous pgoodness said...

sigh. I'm sorry. mediation sounds like the way to go - they will look out for the best interest of the kids.
hang in there; glad you have some good support nearby.

Tue Mar 04, 09:06:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

I don't have the right words, friend.

Thinking of you though...

Tue Mar 04, 09:36:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

It's Thursday today, and I'm sending you positive vibes for your mediation meeting.

Hang tough my friend. Those kiddies need you.

Your a good daddy.

I'm thinking of you.

Thu Mar 06, 12:55:00 PM 2008  
Blogger delightful-d said...

Good Luck this weekend.

Thu Mar 06, 08:26:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Mama Nabi said...

Here's a big cyber hug for you - remember the hug when you get home tonight. I couldn't imagine being in YOUR shoes tonight... I hope mediation will result in positive outcomes. From what I've learned, if the other party is involved in another relationship, that can be in your favor... as in they don't like to see kids exposed to a third person at this point.

Fri Mar 07, 10:47:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home