Sunday, March 30, 2008

And Not A Punch Was Thrown


Somebody had a date this weekend.

No, not me. But read on and help me decide on something related.

The Champ had a play date on Saturday. He's been asking me for a few weeks if Nate, one of his classmates could come over one day. So I called Nate's mom on Friday and asked if it was okay. She said it was fine. Considering this was my first time overseeing a play date alone, I seemed okay with it also.

Nate's mom dropped him off around 10:30. The boys played well together the whole time. I was sure I would have to settle a dispute over a toy or something but they got along good. Peanut was a typical little sister, wanting to get involved. They didn't seem to mind. Nate has a little sister as well so that might have helped.

I fed them all lunch and then the boys kept quiet, spending some time on the computer, while I put Peanut down for a nap.

Nate's mom came back around 3:00, happy to have had some free time. It was actually good for me, too. It kept The Champ occupied while I boxed some more of Mrs. Joe's remaining things.

Which leads me to a question for you.

For Christmas, I bought two tickets to a touring performance of The Producers at the Springfield Symphony Hall. Obviously, we know who one of the tickets was for. After everything, I'll be damned if Mrs. Joe is going to go. The show is this Thursday and I have two options.
  1. I can sell the tickets without a loss to a girl I work with.
  2. I can take another girl I work with who showed interest in going with me.

I need you to voice your opinion.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Whit said...

Take the girl. Why should you miss out on something you want to do just because the Mrs. did what she did.

Besides, even if it's not a "date" it may be nice to be out with a woman. It just feels nice.

Sun Mar 30, 10:14:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Take the girl. At the very least, it'll give you a couple of hours out on the town to take your mind off things.

Mon Mar 31, 09:39:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous pgoodness said...

yep, take the girl from work. it'll be nice to get out and do something without all the tension.

Mon Mar 31, 10:16:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Mama Nabi said...

Take the girl from work. Yeah.

Hah - I salute you for initiating a play date. I really do.

Mon Mar 31, 12:05:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Dan said...

Take the girl. The Producers is meant to be really good.

Mon Mar 31, 12:36:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

Take the girl and have some fun!

Mon Mar 31, 01:31:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous uumomma said...

take the girl.

Mon Mar 31, 02:58:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Damn it Joe. Have I taught you nothing???

Dude. She's got BREASTS.

You do NOT.

Sheesh.

Now I hope you have a good time with the breasts. I mean, girl.

(Damn, I really hope she doesn't read your blog....)

Mon Mar 31, 09:51:00 PM 2008  
Blogger angie said...

take the girl!

1. you wanted to see it,
2. *I'LL BE DAMNED if the mrs. goes,
3. you'll have a good time,
4. all work and no play, man
5. a la redneck mommy: boobs
6 boobs (the other one, #5 was the other one)
7. it's not like you're cheating . . . you don't even have to look at it as a date (if you don't want to - just be honest about your situation to the girl from work, that's all . . . actually, that might endear you more to her, now that i think about it.)
8. go out and be an adult/man for a couple of hours - take off your "dad hat" for a bit,
9. whit said so,
10. why not?!

Mon Mar 31, 10:40:00 PM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

Go out with the chick, dude!!!

Mon Mar 31, 11:08:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous uumomma said...

you might even get to have sex.....

everybodies doing it.....
ya know ya wannna

Tue Apr 01, 12:23:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Childsplayx2 said...

Take the girl! Take the girl!

Thu Apr 03, 10:30:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home