Monday, February 25, 2008

Sneaky Pea


We were finishing up at the dinner table last night, Peanut, Mrs. Joe and me. Mrs. Joe made a lemon chicken dish with rice and peas for us while she made the kids chicken nuggets with some rice and peas. Yes, Mrs. Joe is still cooking me dinner. (I don’t get it, either.) The Champ was already finished and in the living room while Peanut was determined to eat nothing but the peas.

“I want more peas,” she asked upon finishing her share.

“You can’t have anymore peas until you eat some of the nuggets,” we both told her.

“Pease!” she asked. She meant “please” but hasn’t gotten the hang of her L’s yet.

“Eat another nugget and you can have some more peas,” I told her.

She took one bite but then spotted The Champ’s unfinished bowl of peas across the table.

“Can I have those?” as she pointed to The Champ’s peas.

“Not until you eat a nugget,” Mrs. Joe said.

Mrs. Joe and I then started a conversation about money and bills once she leaves. We had not got around to those talks until this weekend. And let me tell you, it wasn’t all that bad, but it did get heated. While this was going on, Peanut quietly got down from her chair, tiptoed behind me, around to where The Champ sits and slowly started to take his bowl of peas from the table.

As Mrs. Joe and I realized what was going on we stopped talking. Peanut froze. The look on her face as she was caught red-handed was the most adorable thing you could ever see.

Mrs. Joe and I immediately burst out laughing at the little sneak. We then put the conversation on hold. There are times and places for everything and Peanut had just reminded us that that wasn't the time or the place.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Peanut sounds like my type of girl. I love a good sneak.

Except of course, when they're my kids. LOL.

Mon Feb 25, 07:44:00 PM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

She put it in perspective, didn't she?

Here's a couple of rules that i need to remember on a regular basis...

1. Don't sweat the small shit.

2. Other than living and dying...everything else is small shit.

SCREW FEAR!!!

Tue Feb 26, 05:19:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

I know how sneaky they can be. But I've never heard of them sneaking peas!

Wed Feb 27, 10:15:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home