Friday, February 22, 2008

I'll Pass On The Intervention


With the school vacation this week, Mrs. Joe & I needed to find someone to watch The Champ on the three days during the week Mrs. Joe works. She decide to take Monday off, the daycare Peanut goes to was willing to watch The Champ on Wednesday while my mother-in-law was asked to watch him yesterday. She offered to take Peanut as well.

With Thursday being pilates night for Mrs. Joe, the plan was for me to pick them up at my in-laws after I got out of work. My MIL called me at work and offered to cook dinner for the three of us. Never willing to pass on a free meal, I accepted.

I got there after work and started talking to my MIL while the kids were watching a video in the living room with my sister-in-law. The conversation went towards Mrs. Joe & I's coming separation. I filled her in and noted that one concern Mrs. Joe has is that she thinks both her parents' second marriages are unhappy and she doesn't want to be in an unhappy marriage for the rest of her life. My MIL noted that all marriages have up and downs but she wouldn't consider hers unhappy. I told her it might help to talk to her daughter and discuss this.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

It seems my MIL called Mrs. Joe this morning while I was at work. I am not sure how the conversation went but I do know this:

Mrs. Joe is livid at me now, to the point that she isn't speaking to me.

Mrs. Joe is livid at her mother too, to the point that she hung the phone up on her.

It seems in Mrs. Joe's eyes this is my fault. She said I should not have talked to her mother about our problems. Maybe she's right but I seen a possibility for her mother to try to talk some sense into her and I acted.

Silly me, trying to save my marriage.

Anyway, I got some Sam Adams White Ales for everybody. Here's to all who are riding this roller coaster with me, thanks.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

I know this is all I'm really saying to you recently, but hang in there.

Sat Feb 23, 03:59:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

I think your photo choice just about says it all.

Sat Feb 23, 06:23:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

I don't think you did anything wrong here, but I'm sure you know that already. It sounds like Mrs. Joe is pretty confused and upset with herself too when even her own mother is sympathizing more with you.

Have you ever tried the Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, by the way? It looks interesting, but I've never tried one.

Sat Feb 23, 10:26:00 AM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

Okay...that didn't work. And the results kind of sucked, but hey that's okay. Sometimes things happen like that despite our intentions. The key, at least this is what I thin-so take it with a grain of salt, is to accept the situation right now for what it is. You definitely don't have to like it, but just realize that this is the way things are today...you are probably not going to stay married, but life will take a new direction and the drama won't be there. Life seems to be a whole lot better without the drama.
Just hold on and say a prayer. Screw fear and keep walking. She may not talk to you right now, BUT DUDE...YOU ARE STILL OKAY. Just keep taking care of the kids...saying prayers and being the best human being and dad that you can possibly be and life will take care of itself. With or without Mrs. Joe...you are a good dad and you will be a good dad/person.

I think my new mottow will be SCREW FEAR...I'll end all comments and posts with this...So....SCREW FEAR!!!

Sat Feb 23, 12:19:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

I agree with Samokdaddy.

Hang tight. Mrs. Joe might not want to be with you anymore, but GUARANTEED, someone new and wonderful will.

Just hang tough in the meantime and friend, don't forget to try and enjoy the little things in life.

Like beer. Oh, and your kids. If you need a friend, my email is always open to you, buddy.

Sat Feb 23, 02:30:00 PM 2008  
Blogger charlotta-love said...

I'm with Darren...you didn't do anything wrong.

Don't give up.

...and I'm sorry.

Sun Feb 24, 03:56:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous phenom said...

Shit happens. The White Ale is pretty good. Oddly enough, I found some Octoberfest with a March drink-by date last weekend, and it was still pretty good. On sale, no less. Tonight it's Killian's with the new label. Have you seen?

Sun Feb 24, 07:17:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous uumomma said...

what darren said
thanks for the beer

Sun Feb 24, 11:35:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

Count me in as saying you did the right thing. Mrs. Joe is not going to hear anything except what she wants to hear right now. Anything short of a lightening strike to her brain won't provide any sensible reasoning.

samakdaddy's advice is perfect. I'd copy that to a piece of paper, stick it in your pocket, and read it anytime you feel like you've failed.

Mon Feb 25, 11:19:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home