Sunday, February 03, 2008

Delay Of Game

On top of everything going on in our house lately, Mrs. Joe's grandmother took a turn for the worse and passed away Thursday. It did not come as a surprise. She had been battling cancer for awhile and fought it longer than anyone expected.

The wake has been scheduled for today. Yes, Superbowl Sunday. There will be only one afternoon viewing, from 2:00 until 5:00. I guess it could have been worse, there could have been both an afternoon and evening viewing scheduled.

So, later today I have to spend three plus hours side by side with Mrs. Joe, greeting all of her family who are clueless to our troubles and act accordingly. With everything going on in Mrs. Joe’s head right now, these last few days must have been hell on her. She hasn't come to me for anything and I don't really know if she even wants to. I will do my best and be available if she needs me to be. I figure I can put everything aside, at least for a little while.

My buddy Big D invited me to a party at his house for the game. It is always a great time with way much food and more than enough beer. I still plan on heading over there after the wake. I should get there just in time for kickoff. I will decompress and try to forget everything, even if it’s just for a few hours and enjoy the game.

Specifically, to enjoy the Patriots become 4 time Superbowl Champions!!!

Enjoy the game.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

Wow. You'd think you would've had enough going on already. Enjoy the party tonight. I'm pretty confident you'll be celebrating before the day is over.

Sun Feb 03, 02:47:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

My condolences. I wish I had read this post before I emailed a response to your comment to me about the game. I feel like a jerk now.

Mon Feb 04, 04:36:00 PM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

Man, you've got so much on your plate. Just take it one day at a time. I know the game was last night and it didn't go the way you wanted it to. Remember this my friend...the game you are engaged in...named life...is far more important. Things are okay...keep walking...keep breathing...remember that little epiphany you had in New York. That was a real good "lightbulb moment."

Mon Feb 04, 04:42:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Ouch. That must have sucked hard having to 'act accordingly.'

Double sucky about the outcome of the game.

Hope you are staying strong, young man.

Wed Feb 06, 08:09:00 PM 2008  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

So sorry to hear that.

That's tough.

Thu Feb 07, 02:03:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home