Thursday, February 28, 2008

Able To Leap Toys Left On The Floor In A Single Bound

Like most 6 year old boys, The Champ has his share of superhero pajamas. And like most 6 year old boys, he runs around thinking he's Superman or Batman while wearing said pajamas.
So it came to surprise me on Tuesday night as I told him it was time to take a shower.

"Champ, go up to your room and get some pajamas and a pair of underwear. It's time to take a shower."


Unfortunately, I had to repeat myself a few times until he actually went upstairs but none the less. After about ten minutes he was still up there so I yelled up to him.

"C'mon, get some pajamas and let's go."

He came downstairs a few minutes later with some clothes but they were not pajamas.

"Why didn't you bring down any pajamas?" I asked him.

His reply saved his skinny little ass.

"I did. I got a white t-shirt and some striped pants. I want to wear pajamas like you tonight."






Now that makes me wonder about a few things. What would my superhero name be and would I look better with a cape like Superman or a shield like Captain America?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger angie said...

"no capes, darling . . ." (from 'the invincibles')

able to drive a minivan through a packed costco parking lot, change a diaper with a single wipe . . . it's super suburban dad!

Fri Feb 29, 12:08:00 AM 2008  
Blogger charlotta-love said...

The Adventures of King Plaid-ipus and Sir Knight-Night

You two make a fine pair!

Fri Feb 29, 01:06:00 PM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

Don't let anyone tell you that you aint SUPERDAD!!! Wonderboy there can sure come up with the one liners. I suppose he gets that from his old man. Gotta love it!!!

Fri Feb 29, 03:53:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

I thought Above Average Joe was your superhero name.

Fri Feb 29, 06:03:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

I don't know about the superhero thing, but the fact that I'm wearing virtually the same set of "pjs" right now (except that my t-shirt has a brewpub logo on it) tells me one thing: you are a man with serious fashion skillz.

Use them wisely.

Fri Feb 29, 09:44:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Whit said...

I'd totally wear superhero pajamas. I think I'd go with Green Lantern or Flash, although Captain America would bring out my eyes.

Sat Mar 01, 07:01:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

It's nice when your kids want to be like you.
Keep it up.

Sun Mar 02, 10:21:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home