Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stop The Ride, I Want To Get Off


My life is an emotional roller coaster.

With everything going on, it is to be expected.

But I don’t have to like it.

I learned that Mrs. Joe will be unable to leave until the end of February. Which is good. She starts therapy Thursday and hopefully after a few sessions she may reconsider leaving. But that also means if her therapy goes in the other direction, we are in the same house together until the end of February.

Up…

…And down.

She has also told me a little more about how she feels about our relationship. Again, good, opening up a little to me is positive. But what she is telling me is making the thought of us coming through this together more and more remote.

Up…

…And down

Either way, I have to try to get through each day without this eating away at my stomach. I feel like John Hurt in the first Alien movie.

Your responses are helpful, thanks. Reading them put me in a better mood.

I will end this post on an Up. My buddy is taking me to see the Patriots kick the Chargers’ ass this Sunday in Foxboro. At least I can say that day will be an Up day.

As long as they win.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Whit said...

This almost makes me want to root for the Patriots, but I'm sure you'll have fun just being there.

I know all too well that eating at the stomach. Hang in there!

Tue Jan 15, 02:12:00 PM 2008  
Blogger samokdaddy said...

Just put one foot in front of the other. There's no magic bullet or pill that makes things better automatically. That's the shitty part of the whole deal. Hey, hang in there. I'll chime in now and then with some encouraging words. Just keep walkin' and things will work out...one way or the other.

Tue Jan 15, 04:17:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Darren said...

You'll make it and somehow be better for it. Stay focused on Peanut and the Champ. Go, Pats.

Tue Jan 15, 11:52:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Until, of course, you get frostbite in what's expected to be subzero wind chill.

(down)

Anyhow - above and beyond the fact that I can't wait to see what Phillip "You're the weakest corner in the league! The weakest corner in the league!" Rivers has in store for us when he loses to the Pats again - please consider all fingers and toes here crossed on your (and your kids') behalf. Stay strong, dude.

Wed Jan 16, 09:15:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Nothing like a little sports watching and beer drinking to make life a little better. I'm all about hockey these days...

Hang in there. We're rooting for ya.

Wed Jan 16, 01:59:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

Hang in there!

Best,
J

Wed Jan 16, 04:19:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous phenom said...

I've been following along and don't know what I can say that hasn't been said already. Here's to hoping things get better for you soon.

Go Pats! *from one of the seemingly 14 people outside of the New England area who would love to see them go 19-0.

Fri Jan 18, 08:11:00 AM 2008  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

Hang in there - hoping for the best.

Hope your basketball, tennis ( hockey..?) team/game/tournament goes well...

Sun Jan 20, 01:26:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous A Week In The life of A Redhead said...

Ahhh been there, lived it and 10 years later my ex and I are best friends, our son is doing great and life moves on. This is to tell you that we make it, but the time we are drowning in it can be pure hell. All my best...and sorry about your Packers.
Catherine, the redhead

Wed Jan 23, 01:33:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Dan said...

I'm sure you'll get through it, no matter what the outcome, but the process must be really tough.

As everyone says, hang in there.

Thu Jan 24, 07:27:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home