Monday, December 03, 2007

Kneeling In The Blogosphere Confessional


Forgive me, my neighbors for I have sinned.

See, I am that guy.

You each have that guy in your neighborhood.

The guy who still hasn't raked the leaves that have fallen from his trees.

The guy who wants to only rake once, so he waits for all the leaves to fall.

The guy who’s leaves are now all in your yard because the wind was blowing around 20-25 miles per hours Saturday.

Yeah, I am that guy.

Although, I have already begun to serve my penance.

Yesterday, I spent about 4 hours raking the remaining leaves that were left in my yard.

The high temperature was 23° F, with freezing rain.

And the oak leaves still have to fall.

8 Comments:

Blogger Whit said...

You've got me beat. I'm the guy that mows his leaves.

Mon Dec 03, 05:48:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

serves you right. Steam has been doing his leaves the last two weeks and finished yesterday before the storm.

Mon Dec 03, 06:06:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

I'm that guy too. But we don't really have that many leaves in the front yard to rake and the leaves in back blow into the woods. I figure if they really need raking they'll still be there in the spring.

Tue Dec 04, 02:35:00 PM 2007  
Blogger TwoBusy said...

It's not like you're alone in this. The leaves have been falling later and later every year... I finally took the plunge and cleaned out my yard the weekend after Thanksgiving, despite the fact that some of my neighbors' large maples hadn't dropped most of their leaves. Still, I'm glad I got it done before we got hit with our first snow last Sunday... I've missed that deadline in years past, and my lawn has paid the price.

Wed Dec 05, 09:04:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Gnightgirl said...

I'm that guy too, only I'm a girl. Looks like we have the makings for a support group...."My name is Gnightgirl, and I haven't raked my leaves..."

Wed Dec 05, 11:41:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

I'm that guy too. My perfect-landscaping-neighbors probably despise us hillbillies.

Wed Dec 05, 04:42:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Joe, you are SUPPOSED to let the leaves stay on the ground until spring. They decompose and release nutrients into your lawn, thus ensuring you have a green space envied by all your neighbours.

At least that is what I tell myself as I look out the window. Well, before the snow flew anyways. It's what I'll tell myself in the spring as I ride my lawn tractor and mow them up...

Thu Dec 06, 01:14:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

It thought I saw one of your leaves pass my yard during Saturdays's storm.
Do you mean you don't climb up in your Oak and pull each leaf down?

Thu Dec 06, 10:01:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home