Saturday, November 03, 2007

My Little Barista


I enjoy my coffee as much as the next person. A good cup of Starbucks, black, with no sugar is usually a requirement to get me going in the morning. Sometimes I buy ground coffee, sometimes whole bean. If I have a bag of whole bean, I grind a couple weeks worth at once and keep in the cupboard, next to the coffee maker.

This morning I needed to grind some beans so I asked Peanut if she wanted to help. We would count five scoops of beans as we put them into the grinder. We then put on the lid, turned it on and count to ten as the grinder did its work.

Every time, without fail, as we took the lid off Peanut voiced a curiosity only a 2 year old muster...

"Where da beans go? "

Hopefully she doesn't wonder this much about her depleting Halloween candy stash.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger creative-type dad said...

How funny!

I've eaten most of my daughter's candy and Sunday she asked:

Where's MY candy? Where's MY candy?

I told her it ran away.

I love the fact that 2-year olds don't need any additional explanation.

Mon Nov 05, 04:17:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

that is so cute. i love Peet's...we can get it in our local market basket for $6.99 now...Starbucks is my next choice.

Tue Nov 06, 06:45:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Start her young...in no time, she'll be grinding the beans for you and brewing your coffee while you check your morning newspaper or email.

I'm a grinder myself, and now, because of my laziness and morning bad attitude, the kids are too. And can they make a mean cup of Joe!

Just don't tell her you've been eating her candy or you'll have a coffee revolt on your hands.

(Speaking from experience here...ahem.)

Sat Nov 10, 12:58:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home