Monday, October 08, 2007

Sorry, No Peach Pie Here

First it was apple picking, now its pumpkin time. Sunday Mrs. Joe and I took the kids to get some pumpkins. A few pumpkins for the kids to carve later this month and a some for Mrs. Joe to decorate with and make a pie or two. Too bad the weather has been so warm. (Did I just write that?) The leaves are just starting to change colors. Looks like a late leaf peeping season this year.

Like apple picking, we go to the same farm every year for our pumpkins. Picking pumpkins are more fun than apples, seeing we don't really pick them. Where we go, they bring them in from the patch and turn their front yard into a big display. One year, we went somewhere else and went out into the field where we proceeded to sink into a foot of mud only to come back covered with dirt and only enough pumpkins you can carry.

This is much easier.






So between all the apples and pumpkins we have gathered there lies the inevitable question I ask.

Do you want apple pie or pumpkin pie?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger charlotta-love said...

a small sliver of both please. With whipped cream on top!

Mon Oct 08, 05:20:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Em said...

Do I have to choose? I'm totally with Charlotta on this one...just a bit of both, please! YUM.

Mon Oct 08, 07:39:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

Before I even got to the end of your post I was thinking, "Gee, I'd love to try one of Mrs. Joe's pies."

Care to bring one of each down?

Tue Oct 09, 12:50:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dad Stuff said...

I could eat pie daily. I agree that the weather is still a bit too warm. Although, that is changing here in Mn today.

Tue Oct 09, 08:20:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

How 'bout some pumpkin bread, followed up by a hearty slice of apple pie?

Tue Oct 09, 09:11:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous phenom said...

ah, yes. The House of Phenom will soon be traipsing through pumpkin patch (front yard, same as yours) and apple orchard alike. If not for the heat you mention (uhh.. 90!?!?! In October?!?!?!), we'd've already done so. After reading your last two posts, and waking up to 49 degrees this morning, I'm anxious.

Wed Oct 10, 09:32:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Chaos Control said...

Definitely apple pie .. .but wait, what I can't get over is that according to your last photo, those pumpkins are only six bucks?

Seriously?

I'm getting robbed out here in California ...

Wed Oct 17, 05:22:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home