Monday, September 24, 2007

More Hardware For The Trophy Case



Although its not an American League East Division Title, that will hopefully come later this week, Clare’s Dad has given me another piece of hardware.

The Blogger Reflection Award is given to bloggers “who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Bloggers who, when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy…of knowing them and being blessed by them.”

Thanks for the award. I’m not too sure I deserve it, compared to the others mentioned but thanks again, anyway. Like life there are rules to follow, even when you get some blog bling:

Copy this set of rules.
Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
Put the award icon on your site.

Okay, I'm bending the rules a little bit. I'm only mentioning two bloggers.

T, over at Attack Of The Redneck Mommy, lost her son Shalebug a while back. Although she used to have a blog specifically for him, she retired it earlier this year. I stop and pause whenever she posts about him and how much life he brought to her and her family. It is wonderful to read that she is actively trying to adopt another child.

Ben & Bennie are a father and son duo that makes my heart ache at times. Reading touching stories about Ben and his art as well as the sacrifices Bennie makes each and every day prove they both can be an inspiration to us all.

Reading both T’s and Bennie’s wonderful stories make me realize one's strength is not measured in how much weight one can carry but how much one can endure.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

Joe, I am very honored to accept the "award" in behalf of Ben. You DO deserve it because you are raising your children with love, dignity, and pride but not in a selfish manner.

There are many stories you tell that make me envious (like taking Peanut to his first Red Sox game). But my envy turns to joy in that a father somewhere else in the world is making a huge positive impact upon his whole family.

I don't personally know you and probably never will but you have a soulmate here in the South that thinks the world of what you're doing as a father and husband.

I'll be proud to display our newest "bling" in the next few days. Thanks, my friend! Let's hope the Sox clinch soon so the hated Yankees make George have a bad winter.

Tue Sep 25, 08:02:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

Aw Joe, such nice words. And an honour to be lumped together with you and with Bennie.

I'll post my bling proudly.

Thank you for thinking of me, but mostly, for remembering my Bug.

Wed Sep 26, 01:52:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Chaos Control said...

Wow ... what amazing blogs. Well deserved, both of them!!

Wed Sep 26, 04:29:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

Excellent choices.

I didn't think I deserved it either compared to some other blogs I've read. But being a good dad isn't as easy as it sounds--even when all goes well.

Wed Sep 26, 05:08:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home