Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I’ll Learn To Keep My Big Mouth Shut


Guess what The Champ came home from school with yesterday? Yes, that lovely, not-so-little fundraiser envelope that I had previously noted with amazement had not shown up yet. And can you also guess what great items he will be selling?

Is it A: Chocolates?

Or B: Magazines?

Or C: Wrapping paper?

The correct answer would be…

D: All of the above.

The sales packet contained chocolates, magazines, wrapping paper, calendars, candles, scrapbooking supplies...

From now on, I’m not going to say a word. Next, The Champ will probably spring a bake sale on Mrs. Joe at the last minute.

I expect to be frosting cupcakes at midnight any day now.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous phenom said...

That's your penance for the Sox losing two of three to the Yankees while my Tigers were sweeping the Twins. Let that be a lesson to you. :)

Tue Sep 18, 01:33:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Chaos Control said...

It wouldn't be so bad if each school sold different items. I have to buy from all of my neices and nephews and one can only use so much wrapping paper!!!

One of our local schools sells gift cards. Now THOSE are something I could always use!!

Tue Sep 18, 03:28:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

One of our local schools sells gift cards. Now THOSE are something I could always use!!

Now that is absolutely brilliant!

Tue Sep 18, 04:52:00 PM 2007  
Blogger charlotta-love said...

In an effort to combine them all, some school should sell calendars where each month is represented by a different chocolate with wrapping paper as a backdrop. The calendar arrives in it's own vintage popcorn tin. Your's for only $X.99.

Tue Sep 18, 09:34:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Whit said...

kids sell the darnedest things.

Wed Sep 19, 12:03:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Em said...

you knew they would get you sooner or later....LOL

Wed Sep 19, 11:06:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Sue said...

Luckily we get to buy our way out of the fundraising obligations (twice a month, like clockwork!).. And they do the gift cards too.

Wed Sep 19, 02:31:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

Hit the jackpot, huh? Can you buy out of having to sell?

Wed Sep 19, 07:28:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

BWHAHAHAHAH!

It's wrong of me to laugh, right? I mean, I shouldn't be delighting in your torment.

Welcome to my world friend.

Snicker.

Wed Sep 26, 02:13:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home