Thursday, September 06, 2007

Can He Be Falling Behind Already?

Mrs. Joe & I were sitting at the dinner table last night. Dinner was much better than in recent days. The Champ came up to me and asked me a question.

“Dad, can you show me how to make armpit farts?”

“What do you mean? They’re easy”

“At school, Nate can do them really good and I can’t. Will you show me?”

“Absolutely not!” (Who do you think said that?)

As the trouble making boy in me left and was replaced by the guiding father,

“Your mother is right. That is something you shouldn't be doing at school.”

As he walked away, and to Mrs. Joes' dismay, I gave him a quick one of my own.

While Mrs. Joe is at Pilates tonight, maybe I’ll teach him how to make spitballs.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

No matter how "appropriate" or not some things are, kids just have to have those skills! I'm sure you taught him well. LOL

Thu Sep 06, 11:48:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

Spitballs will only result in reprimands and meetings. With armpit farts there's no evidence.

Thu Sep 06, 01:13:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

OH NO! PEER PRESSURE!

Thu Sep 06, 02:14:00 PM 2007  
Blogger charlotta-love said...

I need you to teach me. I could never figure out how to do that arm pit fart. Lucky kid!

Thu Sep 06, 04:13:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

I've had to teach my daughter since Ben doesn't have the arm control. All the boys think she's the coolest girl in her class.

Thu Sep 06, 06:42:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Whit said...

some things a boy must know

Fri Sep 07, 02:15:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous phenom said...

I love having two boys. :)

Fri Sep 07, 07:45:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Tonight's lesson: burping the alphabet.

Fri Sep 07, 01:51:00 PM 2007  
Blogger FENICLE said...

My son has learned to do armpit fart noises with a bendy (flex tip) straw. Seriously....it must be the new thing?

Annoying is what it is!

Fri Sep 07, 11:14:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Jonathon Morgan said...

I don't mean to directly contradict Mrs Joe, but, um, that's EXACTLY what he should be doing at school. Don't let Nate take all the glory!

Sat Sep 08, 11:35:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

You gotta teach him these skills. It could paralyze his social skills and he could get a stigma if he's the only kid who can't armpit fart.

Snicker.

I'm glad kindergarten is going well for all of you.

Sun Sep 09, 11:52:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home