Thursday, July 26, 2007

Quick, Painless, And Almost Odor Free


The following post has been rated “M” by the weblog content rating system. It is intended for mature audiences. It contains graphic violence and may not be suitable for young readers.

You probably don’t want to be eating anything while you read it either.

So Mrs. Joe called me at work yesterday.

“You have something to take care of when you get home from work.”

“Okay…”

“There is something dead in the backyard. It smells pretty bad and there are flies all over it.”

“What is it?”

“I think it’s a skunk.”

“You think it’s a skunk.”

“Well, I didn’t get too close because...it has no head”

Now she had my attention.

I got home from work and went out to the backyard to check on our headless visitor. Sure enough, it was a skunk and its head was about a foot away. What was odd was it seemed to have not sprayed. The odor was just from being out in the sun all day. It didn’t look as if it was in a fight so I wondered what could have decapitated a skunk so quick. I looked around but there was not a guillotine or any samurai to be found.

Lucky for us, we have some woods in the back where I buried the ill fated victim. I am still curious as to how he could have met his demise. Anybody got any ideas? I’m thinking a hawk or some other bird. I am happy though that whoever did it seems to have done it quick & painless.

Last thing I want is that smell all around the backyard.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Darren said...

Wow...that sounds like the beginning of some movie about an alien attack. Are there crop circles in your backyard too?

Thu Jul 26, 12:55:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Chaos Control said...

Wow ... perhaps the psycho woman that has been verbally attacking me has mistaken your house for mine and left you a little somethin' somethin'?

Thu Jul 26, 01:19:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Whit said...

So what smells worse? A sprayed skunk or a dead skunk?

Thu Jul 26, 01:37:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Ben & Bennie said...

Dead polecat that has sprayed is the WORST smell ever. I was reminded last weekend when one was hit by a car...about a mile from where we were camping. The smell was awful...and it was a mile away. dis I mention it was a 5,280 feet away from us?

Oh yeah, AAJ. We're taking our boy to his first hometown baseball game. The single A Red Sox affiliate Greenville (SC) Drive.

Thu Jul 26, 03:16:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

sometimes, it must be nice to have a man around the house, for stinky chores like this...

Thu Jul 26, 10:54:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Sounds to me like you've got chupacabra issues. Good luck.

Fri Jul 27, 08:23:00 AM 2007  
Blogger charlottalove said...

Good thing I didn't buy stock in tomato juice. :o)

That's bizarre.

Fri Jul 27, 08:45:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Em said...

You're thinking hawk. I'm thinking some creepy thing from a Stephen King novel!

Fri Jul 27, 10:54:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home