Monday, July 30, 2007

Can I File For Unemployment?


Like most of us, we have the local Sunday paper delivered to our house. Like some of us, the Sunday paper gets divided up among the readers. For example, the sports page is in my pile, while all the fliers and coupons end up with Mrs. Joe. And like a few of us, the paper then sits, occasionally being read a little at a time throughout the day. It’s usual in our house that the paper is not finished until the end of the day.

Apparently, Peanut noticed us reading the paper yesterday.

This morning Mrs. Joe was getting dressed while I was in the shower. Peanut must have seen the Sunday paper lying on the coffee table and decided to give Mrs. Joe and me something to read. She brought Mrs. Joe the comics, “How sweet, something bright, colorful and fun”, I thought, "just what one needs on a Monday morning."

She brought me the want ads.

Did my 2 year old just fire me?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

Ha. Cute! I love reading the paper on the weekend. I dont usually have time the other days of the week.

Tue Jul 31, 08:00:00 AM 2007  
Blogger charlottalove said...

Somebody had to tell you. :o) Perhaps she just wants you to feel "wanted". lol.

Tue Jul 31, 09:52:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

If she suggests updating your resume, you'll know you're in real trouble.

Tue Jul 31, 09:57:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Whit said...

Check and see if she signed you up for a Monster account.

Tue Jul 31, 11:30:00 AM 2007  
Blogger The Real Mother Hen said...

She is sweet :)

Tue Jul 31, 12:31:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Chaos Control said...

No, she's simply starting early in warning you that you might need to condsider a better paying job to afford the prom dresses, the new wardrobe twice a year, the shoes, the accessories, the ipods, the laptops, the car, and the college education!

Brilliant little angel you have there!

Tue Jul 31, 02:00:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chaos control...you forgot:
the wedding!

Wed Aug 01, 01:32:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Emma Sometimes said...

I like your blog, found you via charlottalove and I had to comment on your profile:

I admit, I'm not a baseball fanatic, but I've been to a game, in little league. Does that count? (but I PROMISE I can change. Okay first, what's a blue chip?)

last, your daughter is warning you of the food bill ahead. Forget college fund and prom dresses. It's the food bill.

Wed Aug 01, 01:10:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home