Thursday, June 14, 2007

Young (Wo)Man, Young (Wo)Man, Put Your Pride On The Shelf


I have mentioned before that Mrs. Joe has been going to Pilates classes at the local YMCA since Peanut was born. She is pretty happy with the results so far except for what Oh, The Joys, calls her sharpei. She goes with a friend from work and they usually go out for a drink or to the mall afterwards. I like it because it allows me some alone time with the TV after I put the kids to sleep.

They initially became members of the Y with a buy 1 membership, get 1 free deal that was being offered. They split the cost of the 1 membership so it was a pretty good deal. Recently their memberships came up for renewal so they inquired about the cost and if there were any special offers available. They were told that there were none so they would have to pay the cost of 2 memberships. They weren’t too sure what to do. They both were only using the Y for the Pilates class and the cost of 2 memberships for just that class was pretty steep to them.

The girl at the desk offered them a solution.

“You could join together…”

“…as a couple.”

Yeah, that kind of couple. This is Massachusetts, after all.

So as to never pass up a good deal, Mrs. Joe, along with her friend, rejoined the Y with a family membership. When she told me what they did, I laughed. Big deal, I thought. With a family membership, the kids can take swim lessons or use the gym, too.

With it saving us $100 bucks, I don’t care if the Y thinks the two of them are gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger charlottalove said...

love the seinfeld reference. lol.

sounds like you have a better deal now since the kids can swim with their moms.

Thu Jun 14, 01:24:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

Does that make her a bigamist?

We love the Y, btw.

Thu Jun 14, 03:32:00 PM 2007  
Blogger The Real Mother Hen said...

Another interesting post, as always :)

Thu Jun 14, 05:49:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

You ARE above average (again.)

Thu Jun 14, 07:49:00 PM 2007  
Blogger fatty said...

i don't know which i loved more ... your title or imagining the seinfeld episode..
that's great..

Fri Jun 15, 10:45:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

I think I love Mrs. Joe. She's brilliant.

She can marry me for a discount any time....

(That kinda of sounds dirty...oh well. That's just me I suppose ...)

Fri Jun 15, 01:37:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD! Classic. Good for them!

Wed Jun 20, 06:38:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home