Thursday, June 28, 2007

Where Did I Put My Ray-Bans?



I leave for Cape Cod later today. Mrs. Joe left yesterday with Peanut & The Champ. The kids have been all hyped up and ready to go for some time now. It should be a great vacation. Nothing beats a week at the beach.

Some of you mentioned the traffic nightmares I could look forward to. Well, we are very lucky in that regard and can get on and off the Cape during the week instead of the weekend. See, Mrs. Joe’s mother and stepfather own a house out there and we go and stay with them.

Sarcastically, I tell people I married into money.

I also will be celebrating my 37th birthday next week. Similar to Tom Cruise, although he only acted like someone born on the Fourth of July, I actually was. Yes, me, Calvin Coolidge and Koko the sign language gorilla all celebrate the same birthday.

Even though the in-laws have internet access, I would rather not have my blogging outed. So I will not be posting until I come home on Sunday the 8th. That’s when my other vacation starts. Mrs. Joe and the kids are staying with her mom for the following week. It will be a time that Tom Cruise & I share something else in common:


Rebecca, the door will be open.

I hope you all have a good 4th.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Have a great trip and happy birthday to you, Calvin and Koko. As for that second vacation, dance all you want in your undies, but I bet Mrs. Joe would put her foot down at the idea of Rebecca paying a visit! :)

Thu Jun 28, 01:05:00 PM 2007  
Blogger charlottalove said...

You have a great two weeks ahead! Happy Birthday, Happy 4th, and Happy Vacation!

Thu Jun 28, 10:03:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Whit said...

Sometimes you just gotta say, what the f@#k.

That has nothing to do with your post, but it is a line from Risky Business that I still quote. Often.

Have twice the fun.

Fri Jun 29, 04:16:00 AM 2007  
Blogger fatty said...

happy birthday you!

have great vacations.. how lucky you are to get two.. must be that shirt and sock combo.. :o)~

Fri Jun 29, 11:33:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Sue said...

Happy birthday, and have a great vacation!!

Fri Jun 29, 11:34:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

Have a great vacation. Are you anywhere near that cool pirate mini-golf? I haven't even been to the Cape for a few years, but that's one of my favorite things.

Happy Birthday, too.

Fri Jun 29, 01:13:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

Have a great time and Happy Birthday!

Fri Jun 29, 03:04:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Happy birthday, dude. Here's hoping the bridge traffic is kind to you.

Mon Jul 02, 10:28:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Chaos Control said...

I love this post with the Ray-Ban-Risky-Business and all. Just love it!

Please tell me you don't still own those Ray Bans, do you?1 :-)

Mon Jul 02, 06:30:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home