Monday, June 11, 2007

Suffers From Selective Deafness

Saturday, Peanut & The Champ made a fort in the living room out of the cushions from the couch & chair. Although that kept them entertained for a while, they became bored of their fort and the trouble began. The Champ started jumping from the couch onto the cushions and Peanut wasn’t far behind.

“Champ, please do not jump off the couch. Your sister will follow you and get hurt. ”

No response and the jumping continued.

“Champ, please stop jumping off the couch.”

Nothing.

“Champ, did you hear me?”

“I can’t hear you, I’m having too much fun!”

At least he was honest.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

You gotta love a kid who's honest.

Snicker.

My kids are big into the selective deafness thing too. Drives me buggy.

Mon Jun 11, 03:00:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

The slective deafness makes me nutzo!

Mon Jun 11, 04:11:00 PM 2007  
Blogger charlottalove said...

What? I didn't hear you. I was too busy enjoying your blog. :o)

Mon Jun 11, 04:26:00 PM 2007  
Blogger fatty said...

honesty really is the best policy...
how can you argue with fun?

Mon Jun 11, 04:43:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

I think selective deafness is common around that age.

Mon Jun 11, 09:15:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

Yeah, I realize that when my kids are gettin' crazy and wild and won't listen and calm down, it is because they are having too much fun and suddenly they look at me like "oh, MOM, you were talking to us?"

Mon Jun 11, 10:54:00 PM 2007  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

He actually answered back?

Tue Jun 12, 01:09:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Chaos Control said...

I love that kid!

Tue Jun 12, 06:55:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home