Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I'd Rather Say Goodbye To The Trees & Leaves


Peanut awoke this morning very early. Mrs. Joe went and got her and flopped her into our bed with us. Usually she will fall back to sleep for awhile, but not this morning. Once we realized she wasn't going back to sleep, I went for the remote, hoping Noggin would keep her occupied for a little while longer.


Did I mention what time Peanut started her day? Try 5:45 am. Do you know what time Noggin starts their day? 6:00 am. That was a long 15 minutes for everybody. Once 6:00 am hit though, there he was, my saviour, Moose A. Moose singing the opening song;


"It's going to be a fantastic day..." Well, so far it couldn't have gotten much worse.


"...everybody shout hooray!" UGH!


"I'm using my noggin today." Not without some coffee.


I have decided it's much more enjoyable to listen to Moose sing the closing song at 6:00 pm, when Noggin goes off the air and it's time to start getting everybody ready for bed.


"It was a fun day, but now it's a done day."

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

Me no like the early wake ups. No.

Wed Jun 06, 02:20:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Whit said...

Where was Zee? Does she not get up that early?

Wed Jun 06, 11:35:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

wait until your kids outgrow noggin. I live for noggin. but around age 6, they want other stuff that doesn't come on that early.

The Learning Channel has awesome stuff in the early morning too...check it out. Hi 5 and Magic Schoolbus.

Thu Jun 07, 07:29:00 AM 2007  
Blogger FENICLE said...

Ah yes, how many times I've reached for the remote control at 5:30 in the morning hoping and praying something Ethan liked would be on Disney.

I SOOOO wish we had Noggin. My parents do & our son loves it!!

Thu Jun 07, 11:43:00 PM 2007  
Blogger fatty said...

i have this image of you singing that song at work all day.. lol..

i have an early riser. i use her as an alarm clock. she comes with her own snooze button built in . she'll be quiet for about 10 minutes before i feel her 2 inches from my face just staring.. "mom are you up yet" "no.. shhhh..." 10 minutes later.. "mom..."
i've resorted to keeping snacks beside the bed to give me an extra hour..

Fri Jun 08, 01:14:00 AM 2007  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

I'm sorry to say, but I just tune out the cries now.

I'm going to parent prison.

Fri Jun 08, 02:44:00 AM 2007  
Blogger charlottalove said...

I've not heard that song. I grew up listening to Barney. Ewwww....

Fri Jun 08, 08:09:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

5:45? You're sleeping in, my friend. I had the 4:30am wakeup today... diurnal kids who awaken at the first hint of daylight kill ya in the months around the summer solstice.

Fri Jun 08, 08:33:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

That is parental torture!! I could not survive having to get up that early. I do believe I just duct taped my kids eyes and mouths closed every night before bed so as to ensure my beauty sleep was not disturbed.

Now, as they age, they sleep in.

There is a God afterall.

Sat Jun 09, 02:47:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home