Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bring On The Terrible Twos


Peanut had been saying a few words here and there for some time now. Lately, she’s putting some together to get her point across. One of those phrases is “I DID IT!!” Anytime she does something on her own, she throws her arms up and shouts it to the mountains. It is priceless.

It seems that she’s absorbed so much over the past year. I know all of your kids have done the same thing, but I figured I brag share with you some of my daughter’s adoring accomplishments:

• Eating with a fork & spoon
• Putting on her own sandals
• Learning to say “Momma” & “Daddy”
• Climbing the stairs (with Mrs. Joe or I standing next to her).

Unfortunately, some of her less adoring accomplishments include:

• Deciding she wants to strip naked, dirty diaper included, and run around the house
• Breaking the lock on the fridge yelling “I WANT JUICE!!”
• Climbing the stairs (without Mrs. Joe or I standing next to her)
• Learning how to unlock the tray to her hi-chair, sending entire bowls of pasta, cereal or whatever crashing to the floor

This weekend, we will be celebrating Peanut’s second birthday. We have a small party planned with relatives and friends. So here’s to many more years of accomplishments worthy of celebration.
Happy Birthday, Peanut

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Whit said...

After Thing 1 I would swear to you that the twos aren't terrible, but with Thing 2 edging closer I think we just dodged a bullet.

Oh well, she's still cute as hell, right?

Thu May 24, 05:48:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Em said...

Congratulations to Peanut! Hope the entire family enjoys the celebration.

Thu May 24, 06:59:00 PM 2007  
Blogger fatty said...

happy birthday to peanut!
woooo hooo on being two!!

my kids tricked me and missed the terrible twos.. then they gave me therapy threes.. :o)~

have a fabulous celebration!

Fri May 25, 10:07:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Darren said...

Happy 2nd birthday to the Peanut.

Have a great weekend. I heard on the news last night that CT and MA were the hottest place in the country yesterday.

Sat May 26, 03:18:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Mitch McDad said...

Hi. Came here on RedneckMom's suggestion. My little one is turning two soon, so this post rings eerily familiar.
Nice blog. Looking forward to reading more.
~Mitch.

Wed Jun 06, 10:19:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home