Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tomorrow Night We Are Going Cow Tipping


Last night, Mrs. Joe surprised me with a night out at one of our favorite restaurants. We both love the Northampton Brewery and last night they had a beer dinner. We were joined by Mrs. Joe's girlfriend and her husband, as well.

If you do not know, a beer dinner is where the meal is predetermined by the restaurant and each course is joined by a sampling of beer. We all had a great time. The dinner was very good along with the six different beers we were able to enjoy. I'll point out here that I love my wife and feel that she can be the best woman that I could ever ask for.

Most of the time. (read on.)

The dinner ended and the four of us headed back to our cars. We parked in a garage next to the brewery that gives out a credit card type ticket. When you are leaving, you swipe the card at a kiosk and it tells you how much you owe. You pay, get the card back and proceed to the gate. You feed the card into the machine and up goes the gate.

Well, guess who couldn't find the card? No, not me. Mrs. Joe lost the card. Luckily, the couple we were with had their card. They paid theirs and waited for us to find our card. We spent 15 minutes looking for the card to no avail.

I decided to take matters into my own hands. Both cars went to the gate with Mrs. Joe and I following. As they fed the card into the machine, the gate went up.

And both cars flew out of the garage, hoping to beat the gate from coming down on Mrs. Joe and I.

And, I kid you not, a security guard seen the whole thing. He started running toward us, yelling at us to stop as we sped away like two kids who just, well, two kids who failed to pay their parking fee.

We went home, thanked my sister for watching Peanut & The Champ, and went to bed. There, we felt like 16 year olds, giggling about what had happened.

I wonder if the garage has any cameras

UPDATE!
Mrs. Joe has found the card. It was in the car, right where she left it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Darren a/k/a Clare's Dad said...

Good move. If they find you say that you just got an emergency call about the kids and had to rush home. You couldn't find your ticket and didn't see the guard. Offer to pay what the other couple did. No...I don't have any experience with making up excuses.

Fri Apr 13, 11:30:00 AM 2007  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

If I were you, I'd drive to a cabin in the woods for a few days. The parking garage police are not kind folk...

Fri Apr 13, 12:30:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

You two are so bad.

Shame on you for living so dangerously!

Heehee.

Sun Apr 15, 04:09:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous TwoBusy said...

Mmm... Northampton Brewery... ochchcchgggg...

Sorry. I just drooled all over my keyboard.

Wed Apr 18, 03:26:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home