Monday, April 16, 2007

Potty Humor, Grandparent Style


My two beautiful children reminded me of my grandparents today. Not in a way I would've imagined, but none the less.

I had just finished giving Peanut a bath, towelling her wet little body off, when into the bathroom ran The Champ. He had just put on his pajamas and needed to go to the bathroom. "Really bad", were the words he used. Like any 5 year old boy, he's got much more important things to do other than go pee so before he's completely finished, he starts stepping back to pull his pants up. And of course, the last few drops miss the toilet. So I mention, for the hundredth time, to make sure you are done before you step away. He says "okay", washes his hands, and is on his way.

Well Peanut sees this and now wants to sit on the toilet, too. We have one of the potty seats with a step stool attached so she grabs that and wants me to set it up. I figure she's already naked, no shoes, pants, diaper to take off so what the hell, I set it up for her. As you can see, Mrs. Joe has taken the lead in potty training for Peanut.

Anyway, she sits down for a few seconds, and then stands up, which is the usual routine. But then as she is standing there, she starts to pee all down her legs, onto her feet, the seat, the step stool & floor. I got pee everywhere. Which, I will assume, is not the usual routine. So back into the tub she goes for a second bath in less than 15 minutes.

And how does this story remind me of my grandparents, you ask? I lost my grandparents years ago, but as a kid I remember a bathroom in my grandparent's house. They had finished off the basement and had added a bathroom, also. There was a cover on the toilet seat and it read the following:

Welcome, Please Enjoy Tonight's Show.

Ladies: Please remain seated during the entire performance.

Gentlemen: Stand close, it may be shorter than you think.

I hadn't thought of that seat cover for years. As a little kid, you thought that was the funniest thing in the world. Now, thanks to my two kids, I was reminded of them today, and of their toilet.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

LOL...what a great story. Well, great for me cause I didn't have to clean up the pee. But in all that bathing and cleaning, what a fun memory of your childhood.

Mon Apr 16, 10:59:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Redneck Mommy said...

I love that. And I love that for once it wasn't the wife having to clean up the pee.

I seem to be on my knees in the bathroom wiping up urine, perpetually.

It is my lot in life.

Tue Apr 17, 10:45:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Dan said...

Someone has recently put that sign up in the toilets at our work.

They have even laminated it, which was handy as I accidentally peed on it.

Wed Apr 18, 05:08:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home