Monday, April 09, 2007

Like Baseball, This Is Not The Same When Played Indoors


I hope everyone’s Easter was nice. Ours was hectic, with Mrs. Joe cooking for 10, but nice.

Peanut & The Champ were invited to a relative’s house Easter morning for an egg hunt. With the temperature in the 30’s, (global warming my ass!), the hunt was held inside. The Champ was primed and ready for this, seeing we had been practicing for the last few days in our house.

Standing at attention in the living room, the kids were ready for the “go” sign. It was noted that there were a few eggs lying out in the open. Obviously for Peanut, seeing this was her first egg hunt. I looked down into the potted plant sitting on the floor next to me and there was and egg.

I whispered to The Champ, “Look in the potted plant.”

“Yeah, I see it. I’m going to grab that one first.”

“No. You’re going to take your sister to that one.”

With a look as if I robbed him of a million dollars and not the two quarters that were in the egg, “But dad, I seen it first.”

I responded with a fatherly stare.

As the hunt began, he took his sister’s hand and led her to the egg.

Hopefully, it was one sacrifice of many he will make for his little sister.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

Man, i've got to get me one of those fatherly stares. The best I can muster is a frustrated glare.

Tue Apr 10, 11:12:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

We too are struggling to teach the art of good big brotherism.

Tue Apr 10, 01:35:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Darren a/k/a Clare's Dad said...

I've been tempted to make that global warming comment too. Maybe I'll save it for Thursday if we really get six inches of snow.

Tue Apr 10, 02:32:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous redneck Mommy said...

Ah, the fatherly stare. Is it as scary as the motherly glare that I gave my chitlens when one of them discovered the other's Easter basket and wanted to spill the beans. One look from me and I had their mouth zippered shut.

Got to love the power of a parent.

Bwhahahaha!

Tue Apr 10, 03:20:00 PM 2007  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

Whoa- in the 30's?

I'll be sure to send some Hummers and Cow Poo out your way to warm things up a bit.

Tue Apr 10, 04:12:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Em said...

Ah, a lesson learned...taking care of little sis. He will be rewarded for that one.

Wed Apr 11, 04:56:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home