Friday, March 02, 2007

She Likes It! Hey Mikey!


In my wildest dreams, I did not think my ramblings would come to this. Redneck Mommy has honored me with a Thinking Bloggers Award. Apparently, she noted me as one of five blogs that make her think. Think about what, T? What kind of ass Mrs. Joe married? I guess I'll accept it. But after reading some of the others she mentioned, it's hard to be included in the same group.

Even if she did just close her eyes, spin her chair around and point blindly at the screen.

I'm not too sure what to do next. I know I need nominate 5 other blogs. That will come in a later post. Shit, I don't think I even really know how to add that little shiny blog button to my blog! I'll do some reading and try my best to handle it properly.

I'll admit, I started blogging because I felt guilty lurking around other people's blogs. My intent now is to try to humor you with my daily life. As I read others, I know that almost everything I will write has already happened to someone else. But for me it is therapeutic to know that I am not alone in my daily challenges. I do not expect my blog to evolve into some of the flashier blogs out there. Nor do I think it will get the hits others get. But I figure, what the hell, my wife and kids are the best thing in the world to me, right. So why not share my experiences with the rest of you?

So I will try to live up to this award, as undeserving as I think it may be, and continue to share with you events like presents I bought for my wife, my son's fascination with Wheel Of Fortune, and where my daughter will stick her finger next.

Because all this has happened to you, too.

Right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

A lot of were readers long before we were writers. And, like you, I often struggle with topics cause I figure someone else wrote about it and probably did a better job. But hey, you won an award! And Redneck Mommy knows her stuff! :)

Sat Mar 03, 09:00:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Dude, you make me think on a regular basis.

You make me think "Boy, am I glad I don't have a penis..."

And that is a good thing. Because there is too much penis envy in this world as it is...

You're a funny dude. I like that.

And you remind me of all the good things about being a parent. Which I need, after being mired in the bad side of parenting for far too long.

So I thank YOU!

Now enough with the sap. I'm uncomfortable with public displays of affection. I'd rather just kick you in the shins and wink at you from a far....

Sat Mar 03, 11:59:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Sue said...

Congratulations!

I usually lurk because I read at work (shhh....)

Tue Mar 06, 01:08:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home