Monday, March 19, 2007

The Poo Is On The Other Foot

I embraced one of a father's ongoing duties yesterday. I got on the floor and wrestled with my kids. I don't mind getting on the floor with them. This was fine, partly because it allowed me to continue watching the NCAA basketball tournament. Quality abuse, I mean time with the kids, I say.

A growing problem though is, well, it's The Champ, he's growing. And he's starting to throw his weight around. And who taught him to lead with his shoulder, anyway? Another problem is Peanut. She's going to be 2 years old in May and she is becoming fearless. I'm going to have to teach her that her head will eventually start to hurt if she continues to slam it into my kneecaps. Between the two of them, along with lying on the hardwood floor, I get a little roughed up. But it's all in clean fun.

During this, Peanut had the line of the night. As I was on my hands and knees with The Champ driving my head into the coffee table, she grabbed the back of my sweats, pulled them away from my ass and yelled:

"Daddy, Poop?"

No, Peanut, I may feel 80 years old after wrestling with the two of you but hopefully you will not have to worry about having to change your father's diapers until at least your 40th birthday.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

LOL...thank goodness you retained control of bodily functions. With my kids, once they started leading with the shoulder, we changed from wrestling to poker.

Wed Mar 21, 07:54:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Perhaps it was a subtle cue to change your underpants??

Just sayin....

Wed Mar 21, 11:50:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous CrankMama said...

we can hope...

Thu Mar 22, 11:56:00 PM 2007  
Blogger John said...

I just stumbled onto your blog a bit ago...Love your writing style!

Sun Mar 25, 08:34:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home